thomas engelaer
Belgium
Antwerpen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi

Thematically this game really appeals to me, but what worries
me is that it could drag on a bit when you play with AP players...
Would it be easy to implement a timer (sandglass) in the game?
Or would it break the game?
How long would you make it?
In a real brawl there is few time to think, so
it could work thematically.

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fitzken wrote:
Hi

Thematically this game really appeals to me, but what worries
me is that it could drag on a bit when you play with AP players...
Would it be easy to implement a timer (sandglass) in the game?
Or would it break the game?
How long would you make it?
In a real brawl there is few time to think, so
it could work thematically.

Thx!

I just played for the first time yesterday with 7 players ... Some of them at times can be AP prone. Wasn't an issue for this game though. I "ran" the game and told everyone When it was their time to go ... There was a little peer pressure with so many people around the table, which helped I think. Also because the game is fairly chaotic no one spent a long time trying to plan the perfect move - they just threw down a card and hoped ...

I'd be surprised if AP was ever a problem for this game and/or gamers who want a highly strategic game and can't take games like this lightly (often the most AP prone) probably won't like the chaotic nature of this game ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas engelaer
Belgium
Antwerpen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thx! Ik think you pulled me in to buy it .
Did you enjoy it?
The team modus also looks awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Urban
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Our first four-player game ran too long (but was much fun), at around three hours including explanation. We had one player who took a very long time to choose his cards. Things resolved fairly quickly once the cards were down.

When I teach it again, I will spend a little extra time going over the standard cards and their effects*; this player simply didn't know what his options were from turn to turn. I'm not tempted to use a timer next time, though, even with this player. Just more nagging should do it; a timer will just frustrate the guy.

Another lesson learned - don't get the Flagon early. Bullseye on back. Ow, ow.

*I wonder if an offprint of the individual characters' card clarifications from the rulebook so each player has a handy reference sheet would also help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fitzken wrote:
Thx! Ik think you pulled me in to buy it .
Did you enjoy it?
The team modus also looks awesome.

yeah. I really enjoyed it. This is going to see a lot of table time with my game group. Looking forward to trying teams!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ostadan wrote:
Our first four-player game ran too long

Two characters each?

I can see how this would greatly increase AP ... I'm going to try and stick to 5+ Player games...

Btw my 7-player game only took an hour and 15 mins even with rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyn Tuck

Akron
OH
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have now played this game A LOT. I have found only the first game for people have AP, as they are looking at the cards and figuring out what they can do. Once they have that then by what is happening around them they usually have an idea of what they want to do. (Even the players with known AP)

If someone has a new character make sure they read the special abilities of the character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.