23 Posts

Fury of Dracula (third edition)» Forums » News

Subject: UK Game stocks depleting due to GW/FF announcement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/57558/fantasy-flight-game...

Thought it may be prudent to buy a copy, as it will become rarer then hens teeth. Bought my copy from Chaos Cards yesterday, six left in stock. this morning sold out. Seems new prices are around £55 now, and there's already a copy for $100 in the BGG market.... gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I got mine a couple of days ago from Chaos cards. They were reduced in price at the time to around £42. I guess i was lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Meeple corner still has them aparently

http://meeplescorner.co.uk/Board-Games/Fury-of-Dracula-Third...

board game guru is still in stock but at £55

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/fury-of-dracula-3rd-edition-1...

Amazon is charging £50

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fury-of-Dracula-Third-Edition/dp/B0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Chaos cards also has some back in stock

https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/board-games-c800/all-board-game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got mine for the same price as you, which jumped after I bought mine. Good spot that Chaos have more in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Long
msg tools
Just ordered one from EBay for £37.99 shipped. Seems too good to be true, so we'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thrashbat wrote:
Just ordered one from EBay for £37.99 shipped. Seems too good to be true, so we'll see.

That's a total bargain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Donohue
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Absolutely gutted i missed the chance to pick this up from chaos cards for £35 last week before they put the price up on Saturday (was £38 less a £3 code iirc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
You would think FFG would print off a short print run before announcing the game will no longer be available, I know they don't want left over stock but damn, Chaos in the old world/drac/forbidden stars have already shot up in price/are barely available and the end date isn't until next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DonXIII wrote:
Absolutely gutted i missed the chance to pick this up from chaos cards for £35 last week before they put the price up on Saturday (was £38 less a £3 code iirc)

Double yikes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkmancer wrote:
You would think FFG would print off a short print run before announcing the game will no longer be available, I know they don't want left over stock but damn, Chaos in the old world/drac/forbidden stars have already shot up in price/are barely available and the end date isn't until next year.

I would think the terms of the license revocation would limit anything except time to sell off existing inventory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randiv wrote:
I would think the terms of the license revocation would limit anything except time to sell off existing inventory.
This!

I got confirmation my copy's on its way! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
randiv wrote:
Darkmancer wrote:

I'd be surprised I would have thought the terms will just state a date beyond which no further games can be sold.

Either way It's fairly obvious that FFG knew long ago that the license would end, the Runewars minis took more than a few weeks to produce.

Samuel Bailey one of the designers of Forbidden Stars was let go over 9 months ago so that's the minimum amount of time they've known this was coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eventually, the entire supply pipeline will go dry of new copies. Not at that point yet, but in the next several months this will be truly OoP and OoS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creepy horrocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games world in Adelaide have about 5 copies from what i see today. Had to buy one .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DonXIII wrote:

Did you know about the Chaos Cards September discount codes? Wish I had before buying mine

https://www.chaoscards.co.uk/discount-codes-i92

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Kaboom
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I've been wanting to buy this game for months but never got around to it. I was too busy with the Star Wars stuff. But I knew I was going to buy this eventually. Now, with the news of FFG losing the rights to produce this game, I finally pulled the trigger. I bought myself a copy this morning from AMAZON. They can't ship it yet because there's currently none left in stock but they say that they're getting more in soon. I hope. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it may cost you a bit more, you can look on Barnes and Noble's website for in store availability. Half the stores near me have the game in stock for $59.95. If you are a member of their rewards program, you get 10% off and the occasional 20-30% off coupon which does work on board games.

Admittedly their program costs money though, so you'd spend your savings on the membership immediately if you are not already a member.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Long
msg tools
So the eBay purchase looks to be a bust, as they didn't actually have any stock. That's been cancelled, but Shop4world have it in stock with discount code for £35.05 delivered. Cheaper than the original purchase!r

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thrashbat wrote:
So the eBay purchase looks to be a bust, as they didn't actually have any stock. That's been cancelled, but Shop4world have it in stock with discount code for £35.05 delivered. Cheaper than the original purchase!r

http://www.shop4world.com/rpg-and-fantasy-board-games/fury-o...

£38.94 and out of stock already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thrashbat wrote:

http://www.shop4world.com/search/fury+of+dracula
Out of Stock^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Long
msg tools
One left a few minutes ago. Seems to be in and out of stock, worth checking regularly maybe. It said out of stock last night, but had some in this morning again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
COMaestro wrote:
While it may cost you a bit more, you can look on Barnes and Noble's website for in store availability. Half the stores near me have the game in stock for $59.95. If you are a member of their rewards program, you get 10% off and the occasional 20-30% off coupon which does work on board games.

Admittedly their program costs money though, so you'd spend your savings on the membership immediately if you are not already a member.

Great suggestion! My local B&N had one copy left. I joined their rewards program, which saved me $6. They were running a special that doubled the discount, so I saved $12 after paying $25 to join the program. Good deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.