Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last game of the night was a new one from Cwali called Logistico. This is another delivery game. I figure I wouldn't have to shift brain gears too much to play this. Boy was I wrong. Ostensibly these two game are similar but they are much different in truth. In Logistico players have a boat, a plane and a truck to pickup up goods from one area and deliver them to another area that wants that particular good. Players can spend as many actions as they want for each mode of transport, up to eight actions, but the cost for each successive action becomes progressively higher. The game requires long term thinking to use all three vehicles judiciously to pickup and deliver goods with the least amount of cost.

All of us were intent on delivering the quick goods early on. We bunched up on the scoring track with David falling somewhat behind. As the game progressed the options were reduced and we started to see more long-term goals. I was hurt badly by competing with the player to my right for goods. I was scooped numerous times to the goods I was trying to pickup. I was afraid of paying the price for storing the goods on my vehicles and lost many opportunities as a result. I once again appealed to the unions and received the same response I did earlier. Bah. My three opponents were doing a much better job of planning their routes and soon were considerably ahead of me on the scoring track. Jeff (not Lee) was especially proficient at planning his routes and managed to move more than one good at a time. This is something that I can see being done much more frequently with experienced players. He ended the game far far ahead of the rest of us. A last minute bonus delivery made me at least profitable for the game but still far far behind third place. Jeff L and David were very close in the battle for second.

We talked about the game a little afterwards and all of us were suitably impressed. Another winner from Cwali.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.