Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell from the publisher's website if the Game Trayz insert will only be included with the pre-order version of the game, or if it's included at no additional cost with every copy of the game. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you try asking the user that keeps posting the wasteland wednesdays?
They seem to have me blocked but maybe they will respond to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Dean
United States
Monmouth Junction
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like there's nothing official yet from what I've seen. There was a short discussion about this question on Reddit where it was said it'll come down to cost. You can see the conversation at https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4ze12e/wastelan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
I can't tell from the publisher's website if the Game Trayz insert will only be included with the pre-order version of the game, or if it's included at no additional cost with every copy of the game. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks.

It will come down to cost per unit. A large percentage of the cost is a fixed up front cost, but once a game hits retail our margins get much much thinner.

The intent is 100% to include it in all copies, but we can't say for sure that it will happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any estimated release date?

I am super stoked after pre-ordering earlier today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stooge wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

It will come down to cost per unit. A large percentage of the cost is a fixed up front cost, but once a game hits retail our margins get much much thinner.

The intent is 100% to include it in all copies, but we can't say for sure that it will happen.

That's a bit mis-leading. Your pre-order website said that the insert was a pre-order exclusive and was a $30 value. This was part of what motivated me to pre-order the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
stooge wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

That's a bit mis-leading. You pre-order website said that the insert was a pre-order exclusive and was a $30 value. This was part of what motivated me to pre-order the game.

Even more shady bullshit with this preorder. Just wonderful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
stooge wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

That's a bit mis-leading. Your pre-order website said that the insert was a pre-order exclusive and was a $30 value. This was part of what motivated me to pre-order the game.

Well, we don't know yet what the plan is on the Tray, but I didn't put the word exclusive next to it in the event that it winds up in the retail packs, but can see where it could have thrown you off for sure. I just wanted to call it out because it's a huge up-front expense that is sort of outside of the norm of most games.

Sorry if it was misleading in any way, my intention was simply to say "this isn't a normal insert you chuck when you buy a game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalidor wrote:
Any estimated release date?

I am super stoked after pre-ordering earlier today!

It should be out late Q4/ early Q1. It's trending a bit more towards the latter, but we'll know more in the next week or so.

Should have miniature models next week, so that will be the biggest hurdle so far is liking how they look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm... I didn't think that the insert was an exclusive, but my impression was just that it would be available from Game Trayz at around $30 afterwards. I realize that was an assumption on my part, but that's how it's worked in the past from games that commissioned a Game Trayz insert. That extra $30 in "savings" is what I was using to try and justify the shipping and full MSRP costs.

I will say that I think it would be a fantastic idea to include it in the retail box though, stuff like that really gets a lot of positive feedback generating about the game and additional conversation about it. Thinking about how much raving Splendor got for taking the extra step to include heavy chips as the resource rather than some cheap plastic gems.

The downside of that though... is that I don't really see much value in pre-ordering. $95+ with shipping has been too much to swallow with a baby on the way. Especially if you're not saving $30 on a premium insert.

Makes me really conflicted because this game is currently tops on my wishlist, but I'm completely gaga for that insert. Not knowing if it will be available after the pre-order makes this a tough spot to be in. Would be nice to have a more concrete answer on that front. Either I pre-order and get upset when I see the game going for 60 bucks with free shipping from online retailers, or I don't pre-order and potentially miss out on a fantastic insert along with the exclusive promo's. I'd like a more informed decision if it's possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.