Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've been playing around with a new solo variant in my head, but as yet, have very little play experience. I was looking for two pieces of data regarding human player strategy, in order to come up with a way to recreate it in an AI opponent:

1. In general, how many Towers do you look to have in play? What's the minimum/maximum you would consider?

2. How many Bequeaths do you normally see during a game, per player? In other words, how many turns are there normally? Are you Bequeathing once? Twice? More?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Towers vary widely. I guess 2-3 is a good number, occasionally more, more often less. Although in the end game it's not uncommon for me to have several more (5-6?) depending on what I've drawn and who owns the Vikings.

I think the average for Bequeathing is a little more than once per player. I've seen two more often than zero. Rarely more than that, but I haven't played that many games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cliffy73 wrote:
Towers vary widely. I guess 2-3 is a good number, occasionally more, more often less. Although in the end game it's not uncommon for me to have several more (5-6?) depending on what I've drawn and who owns the Vikings.

I think the average for Bequeathing is a little more than once per player. I've seen two more often than zero. Rarely more than that, but I haven't played that many games.

Great, that's good info. I don't need exact numbers, more just an idea of what would be within the realms of reasonable. I don't want the AI to spam Towers well beyond what a human would likely do. It can probably get away with fewwer than 5-6 Towers, as it is likely the owner of the Vikings, though it's not a guarantee.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.