Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I would just remind everyone that today is the 17th anniversary of the Earth losing its moon on 13-Sep-1999.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berg
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You can count on me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing like learning about the past from the past future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Stupidest Episode Ever of Doctor Who (and that's saying something), in the 2014 season we learned...

Spoiler for the really uptight
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Our original moon was actually a giant spider egg, which cracked open to release the young spiders and allow the Doctor and Clara to futz around up there, then eventually a new moon was replaced by a giant space spider who laid another egg/ moon.
I almost stopped watching the series after this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Calling all Spielfrieks! It's time to vote for the Meeples Choice Awards at the Yahoo User Group!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, Space nineteen, ninety, ninety-nine (as we usually called it). Rollin Hand and Cinnamon Carter didn't fare as well in their post-Mission Impossible careers as we had hoped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mc Jarvis
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I speak to improve upon the cacophony.
badge
This heart is meant to convince you that I feel.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
In the Stupidest Episode Ever of Doctor Who (and that's saying something), in the 2014 season we learned...

Our original moon was actually a giant spider egg, which cracked open to release the young spiders and allow the Doctor and Clara to futz around up there, then eventually a new moon was replaced by a giant space spider who laid another egg/ moon.

YMMV I guess. I thought that was one of the more creative episodes which reinforced the already fairytale-like nature of DW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Anniversary of Earth losing its moon within its "Lucky Charms" cereal
surprise So, David Bowie was RIGHT in that 'Ziggy Stardust' wrought "round-a-bout" THAT 'Episode' in 'song'! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
isaacc wrote:
I would just remind everyone that today is the 17th anniversary of the Earth losing its moon on 13-Sep-1999.
_sauron_
.. ~"Well, bye!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
I rather liked the show.

Most guys that I know who grew up with that show had a thing for Sandra, the base's data analyst. Something about that dark haired shorty.

Shame that the show was wrecked by the same guy that drove Star Trek into the ground, Fred Freiberger (he produced the final season of both series).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
McJarvis wrote:
MABBY wrote:

YMMV I guess. I thought that was one of the more creative episodes which reinforced the already fairytale-like nature of DW.

Drat, I thought the moon was another giant zapped space monster from Fifth Element!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J.L.Robert wrote:
I rather liked the show.

Most guys that I know who grew up with that show had a thing for Sandra, the base's data analyst. Something about that dark haired shorty.

Shame that the show was wrecked by the same guy that drove Star Trek into the ground, Fred Freiberger (he produced the final season of both series).

Frankly, I liked Space 1999's predecessor show more, UFO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"Battlestar Galactica"-'model kit' even included "find what & where parts are from" upon their HULL-design for this! I'd recognize whichever was these as SEEN on that. sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mutton javelin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gahhhh

How did I miss this.

My older brother bought me this when I was but a youth:

this is a repro, the original had a flashlight with different filters that you put over the light to form the silhouette of an "eagle" or person. Is there greater love of an older brother than that of buying him a stun gun????ninja

robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Lola Cat 2010-2014
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...I've never even heard of this show. Have I been living under a rock? I'm going to have to give this a watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:

I know. That was the absolute worst. It wasn't until we got the Capaldi with River Song did we finally get a respite of terrible writing. I liked the character Clara. I liked Capaldi as the Dr.

I hated the two being together and the writing was just awful and no one was there to rein in Moffett from his worst ideas. He has one more season which won't be until Spring of '17 and we'll see if the series can survive or if it gets the chop. If it survives, let's hope a better producer is put into place to clean up the mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I watched a lot of Space 1999 as a kid, but don't remember ever watching episode 1. I think I always thought it was just a background and the story was never told! Just watched the whole thing.

Now, where is episode 2 .....?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.