Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says it all. Make a separate expansion box with cubes and stickers, and I'm sure people will be ever so happy with you (and you'll get some money too!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
Title says it all. Make a separate expansion box with cubes and stickers, and I'm sure people will be ever so happy with you (and you'll get some money too!)

Count me in for the cubes and stickers version. The standee version is a nice lower cost basis, but I've gotten used to spending more on Kickstarters and have been saving for this one. Expected to be spending $150+ for the cube version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dennett
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Always play to win, don't care if you lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the real deal: if you, say, unlock 3 of the teams through the campaign, there will be a clamoring from the majority of your backers to be able to pay for the rest of them. And this is not the same as making them through PnP, as the components will now not match the ones you provide. Your are dealing with obsessive-compulsive completionists, and you need to embrace that.

When I first looked at your backer structure, I thought it was odd that a premium edition didn't exist with the cubes already. And if you would be able to provide cubes for all backers through economy of scale at the existing pledge level, one must assume that, without true economy of scale, it would still be in the $20-$30 range for the cubes and stickers. This is something that most KickStarter backers aren't even going to bat an eyelash at.

Offer the upgrade, remove the block stretch goals, and make your other stretch goals game related (more cards) a little more spaced apart to keep the campaign going. Just my $0.02.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdennett wrote:
Here's the real deal: if you, say, unlock 3 of the teams through the campaign, there will be a clamoring from the majority of your backers to be able to pay for the rest of them. And this is not the same as making them through PnP, as the components will now not match the ones you provide. Your are dealing with obsessive-compulsive completionists, and you need to embrace that.

When I first looked at your backer structure, I thought it was odd that a premium edition didn't exist with the cubes already. And if you would be able to provide cubes for all backers through economy of scale at the existing pledge level, one must assume that, without true economy of scale, it would still be in the $20-$30 range for the cubes and stickers. This is something that most KickStarter backers aren't even going to bat an eyelash at.

Offer the upgrade, remove the block stretch goals, and make your other stretch goals game related (more cards) a little more spaced apart to keep the campaign going. Just my $0.02.

This ^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expecting to pay $150 for a cube version? That is way out of my league. If I was going to back this, I would be happy with all of the tokens for all teams, and all player and scouting cards for all teams for under $50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
cdennett wrote:

This ^

This ^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kenntak wrote:
Expecting to pay $150 for a cube version? That is way out of my league. If I was going to back this, I would be happy with all of the tokens for all teams, and all player and scouting cards for all teams for under $50.
The thing is, but offering a cube version as an add-on, those of use willing to shell out the shekels will help reach stretch goals for more cards in the base pledge. I think its a win-win.

Now, I know Brent has worked the numbers HARD, but he may have underestimated what some of us were willing to pay for this as an add-on (I'd pay an extra $100 for the cube version). But maybe he's found he can't do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sanson

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even the stretch goal pixel block players will need the stickers put on unless I read that wrong. So, I'm totally fine paying $25 with free shipping from amazon to get 250 blocks and printing the players myself. I think it will be way cheaper in the long run and really no more work. All that said, I would consider it if there was an option to by them from Brent to help the campaign.

ES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it makes even more sense for international backers.... It's $122 at amazon.ca

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sanson

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00UUYQ60O/ref=twister_B00UUOM34C?_...

Right, not being "international" I didn't consider that but it seems that Brent probably wouldn't get a much better deal on shipping if at all.

ES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SkunkToe wrote:
I bow to your google-fu

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sanson

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, no problem. Still not as cheap but a little better. I actually went ahead and ordered 500. I can do alternate color if I want or use them for game design or pnp stuff.

ES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cdennett wrote:

Thanks for ideas Chris! The issue I would have if I tried to add cubes and sticker sheets that way is print run minimums. This is something that larger companies and those running a preorder can do because they already have the product. I would still have to meet the minimum print run for the sticker sheets and cubes which is essentially the same thing as making a single game with all the pixel block stretch goals unlocked. That would push the funding limit through the roof and make the per unit costs much higher for a lower print run like this one.

If you check out the Kickstarter update, I do plan on switching over to unlocking the team cards [while keeping the upgraded playmat and card stands]. I won't be ready to reveal the numbers until I'm sure they're absolutely rock solid, but if everyone who wanted cards for all 32 teams to be in the box to got just one friend to buy in at the IN THE GAME pledge level, we would be there pretty quickly.

SkunkToe wrote:
Haha, no problem. Still not as cheap but a little better. I actually went ahead and ordered 500. I can do alternate color if I want or use them for game design or pnp stuff.

ES

I like the cut of your jib sir!arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sanson

Indiana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
voodooink wrote:

SkunkToe wrote:

ES

I like the cut of your jib sir!arrrh

Well that's a bit embarrassing, I didn't realize my jib was hanging out like that! blush

My thought it that I'm going to get all the cards and the pixel block players regardless of how it needs to get done. I'm that excited for this game. I haven't had a chance to play with my 11 year old son yet but I can't wait for him to beat me as soon as possible. laugh

ES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.