• [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Capitaine Conan," by Roger Vercel (1934).
mbmbmbmbmb
p38_Lightning wrote:
Has a publisher picked this up yet?

Hi Kurt,

I do have a publisher who is very supportive and interested in publishing. It's on hold from my end at the moment. They've expressed their continued support. We're going to readdress in the fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
hedererp wrote:
It's on hold from my end at the moment.

Well, get on it Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
p38_Lightning wrote:
hedererp wrote:
It's on hold from my end at the moment.

Well, get on it Paul.

Yessir!

It's been a combination of things--some family related, and job related as well. I just started in a new position that is a good opportunity, but it's keeping me very busy. Things will settle down as I get used to it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait. I have all the 1914 games and this is a wonderful campaign that is just too good to pass up for a game! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesl59 wrote:
Can't wait. I have all the 1914 games and this is a wonderful campaign that is just too good to pass up for a game! cool

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the post. It is a good gaming situation. With balanced objectives and victory conditions it's a pretty close-run contest. Plus, the Romanians made some pretty big mistakes during the campaign, so the chances for them to do better in the game is pretty high.

The complexity(political and personalities) of the historical campaign is the main factor it's taken as long to design the game as it has. The military side of things is pretty much squared away. We've play-tested it a few times and it plays out remarkably well history-wise--I think the unit valuations are pretty much spot on.

But the military campaign can't be gamed in a vacuum, and bringing it all together is a lot of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Paul,

Do you think available by the end of the year is a doable timetable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesl59 wrote:
Hey Paul,

Do you think available by the end of the year is a doable timetable?

I've only just started working slowly on it again. I'm toying with some pretty big changes--the scale being one of them, so I doubt it.

I just think the game is too heavy as is--there are some smaller scenarios, but the campaign game (which is the most interesting) would take 80-120 hours to play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lautermilch
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind a long campaign game (Twilight in the East comes to mind) as long as there are good scenarios to get you into the game (A simple introductory scenario comes to ind here too)

You are right Paul the Romanians did make some critical mistakes. I think first and foremost attacking while the Brusilov offensive was in full swing rather then when it was winding down wood have put more pressure on the Austrians and just might have put them over the edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Switzerland
Basel
Basel Stadt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jamesl59 wrote:
I don't mind a long campaign game (Twilight in the East comes to mind) as long as there are good scenarios to get you into the game (A simple introductory scenario comes to ind here too)

You are right Paul the Romanians did make some critical mistakes. I think first and foremost attacking while the Brusilov offensive was in full swing rather then when it was winding down wood have put more pressure on the Austrians and just might have put them over the edge.

Hi Jim,

The biggest problem is play-testing. The full game takes about 40-60 hours to play, making face-to-face play testing of the full campaign very difficult, and this needs to be done. There are a lot of political and other factors that need to be tested out. The military side of the game is about 90% done and has been for well over a year...I'm not sure how to proceed with getting the rest of it done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.