Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can a model be displaced (or even kicked from an ability like "Spinning kick") through a doorway or gate that hasn't been looked through yet?

From a thematic view, I want to say yes that would be just awesome.
But I think technically rules-wise it's not possible.

The "it's not really there until someone actually stops to look through it" part of the game sometimes has me really scratching my head. (Unless I'm misinterpreting the rules in this)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
By a strict interpretation of the rules, I'd say no.

But personally? I'd totally draw a new map card and place it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are very few abilities that push models, but if it happens its to existing spaces, not onto unexplored sections of the map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not RAW, but I'd say (if the group agrees) it should be allowed. It's likely to make things worse for the posse. As a new map tile means a new encounter or threat at the end of the round. Which might mean an ambush or any number of other awful things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
except that this will force you into issues regarding the timing and the ongoing turn and you are mingling exploration within a fight turn while the game keeps these seperate.
it will be more trouble to play properly and needs more houseruling than anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I suppose a reasonable compromise between thematic and technical might be to allow the forced move one space through the door or gate, and NOT have it reveal anything. The model is just through the threshold to the new area so to speak.

For Gates this sort of works out anyway since there's the swirly gate endcap piece on both sides. Doorways to adjoining room tiles aren't as simple.

In the end, I play more for theme/story and will likely just house-rule to play it out as the model ending it's movement 1 space through (max regardless of the actual displacement), no further movement possible except back in to the current room, no one can follow them, no alteration of the turn sequence or anything like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true, it could cause issues.

Treating them as one space off the board (regardless of how far the ability is supposed to move them) without revealing anything is likely a better choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can just imagine the Saloon Girl kicking a Tentacle through a Gate...And the next turn, the Tentacle comes back with an angry Harbinger right behind it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.