J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As shown in this image, the 3rd scenario has investigators investigating different areas of Arkham, similar to the original game. As you'll notice there are many locations that make up the city. I think this is a really cool way to allow the story to start small (In the Study) and grow in scope. This is exciting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Little
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it! I wonder if these locations will get reused in later scenarios - basically we get an "Arkham City Encounter deck" for use in later campaigns as needed. This would make the core box act as a core for future expansion packs (or POD as needed).

I wonder if the Dunwich expansion will have a similar set of locations for Dunwich?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite aspects of the Arkham board game is the small town New England vibe. I'm really glad that appears to be part of the card game, as well -- though some early leaked art suggested there will be locations further abroad, like Alaska.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
As shown in this image, the 3rd scenario has investigators investigating different areas of Arkham, similar to the original game. As you'll notice there are many locations that make up the city. I think this is a really cool way to allow the story to start small (In the Study) and grow in scope. This is exciting!

Interesting, but it seems to be a different design than shown here:

That one has numbers on the location to mark the amount of clues and difficulty of tasks...

Also, do we know what are the colored dots on the bottom of the card?

Edit: I think I figured out the dots on the cards: The upper-left corner is the color and shape of that location. The bottom row is what locations are connected to it - elegant system to build a map from cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
koraldon wrote:

Also, do we know what are the colored dots on the bottom of the card?

Edit: I think I figured out the dots on the cards: The upper-left corner is the color and shape of that location. The bottom row is what locations are connected to it - elegant system to build a map from cards.

Yep, this was explained in Team Covenant's video from GenCon if you haven't watched it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Akaan Qualrus
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The amount of clues and the difficulty to investigate is on the other side of the card, when the location is revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
This layout is from the second scenario, The Midnight Masks. The other locations include the following: Graveyard, Southside, Northside, St. Mary's Hospital, Miskatonic University - basically the same neighborhoods and landmarks in the Arkham Horror board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
Also, it looks like Daisy Walker is using both Seeker and Mystic cards. I'm assuming that Mystic is her minor sphere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E.

Virginia
msg tools
mb
emart40x wrote:
Also, it looks like Daisy Walker is using both Seeker and Mystic cards. I'm assuming that Mystic is her minor sphere.

I think that's a safe bet.

I got Skids having minor Guardian, Agnes Baker having minor Survivor as well.

Just a guess though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.