- Distinct GamingUnited Kingdom
We have had the pleasure of play testing Package!? in our store for the past couple of weeks.
The gameplay is simple to follow and after a first play through, the game itself takes a matter of minutes to get a roll (no pun intended) going and the game to have someone on the cusp of victory.
It is great as a simple 2 player game and can get quite competitive as a 4 player game.
How do you play? It's simeple:
1) Just spill the contents of package!? onto a table, magazine, mouse mat or on top of the game box itself.
2) Argue, fight, paper/rock/scissor, roll the die or just be polite and decide who goes first.
3) Roll the die and place your piece and first package on the allocated building/token.
4) Take it in turns to roll and place your package, keeping an eye out for the special rule of 3 packages and keeping an eye on how many points you could win at the end (to tell all of the rules would defeat the purpose of a review, so I will give away no more).
5) Total up your points and see who is crowned the victor.
Package!? has an instant likeability to it. The abstract concept means that all 4 players can potentially be playing out 4 different versions of the same game(delivering parcels to houses, delivering drunken people to bars, delivering top secret files to safehouses. The choices are endless). The simple, yet effective, scoring means that it is straight forward to understand who has scored what, and the mechanics of roll and place are great for strategy. The added bonus to playing the game is that the game doesn't end when the last package is placed. The final roll can determine the whole outcome of the previous 10 turns. In one roll of a die you can cascade an array of parcels which can take 1st place to 4th just like that (I have just snapped my fingers).
In summary, Package!? is a fun, strategic game that is perfect for a warm up/cool down to your games night and when this product hits Kickstarter in October, you would be a fool to pass on it.
In the time it has taken me to write this review, and for you to read it, there could have been at least 4 games of Package!? played. Back the game, buy it and you'll see for yourself how it would have been the most fun 4 quick games you will have had for a while.
- [+] Dice rolls