Memoir '44» Forums » General

Subject: Battlemaps - OOP? Valuable? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've spotted a bit of chatter online recently, and was curious about this.

From what I can establish, the old Battlemaps seem to be Out of Print, and selling for fairly high prices.

Does anyone know if this is right? - is it the maps themselves that people are after? or the cards/miniatures etc?

I've got a load of Memoir stuff sat upstairs, haven't played anything besides the core game in ages. I'd planned on keeping hold of it all (might be a good thing to bring out with kids in a few years), but I'm now wondering whether I should cash in.

what are people's thoughts? is there really that much of a secondary market?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
So, I've spotted a bit of chatter online recently, and was curious about this.

From what I can establish, the old Battlemaps seem to be Out of Print, and selling for fairly high prices.

Does anyone know if this is right? - is it the maps themselves that people are after? or the cards/miniatures etc?

I've got a load of Memoir stuff sat upstairs, haven't played anything besides the core game in ages. I'd planned on keeping hold of it all (might be a good thing to bring out with kids in a few years), but I'm now wondering whether I should cash in.

what are people's thoughts? is there really that much of a secondary market?

Some are more desirable than others. The mini themselves are available in other expansions, and the blister packs fall off even on items in pristine condition. The cards from Sword of Stalingrad are only available with that map. Some of the maps have been declassified and possible to (nearly) replicate with standard components.

There are in fact people willing to pay high dollar for them regardless, especially Tigers in the Snow. This can be seen from the marketplace prices. https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/pricehistory/thing/4157...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigers in the Snow fetches a premium because it is hard to replicate. The Market Garden map (flip side of Tigers in the Snow) is two hexes deeper than normal boards; to recreate without the Battlemap, you would need an Eqipment Pack, 2 Breakthrough boards, and 2 (or 3?) Terrain Packs (for all the roads), and find an alternate source to print the map (since the one on the DOW website is missing those extra map rows). Market Garden is considered by several players (myself included) to be the best Overlord scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Groves
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim

Take a look at some prices racked up on E Bay Uk a few months ago.

Good luck with the sales.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1586748/tribute-2-memoir-44

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.