Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Reprints / Reissues for older Waves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Guthrie
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to the game and started my first campaign last week. We've made it three missions in so far and my game group is really digging it! With that in mind, I hopped online to pick up some of the Wave 1 expansions but found that several were very expensive or simply not available. For instance, Han Solo goes for about $25 and the Rebel Troopers go for nearly $35.

Is this because they are out of print? I assume that's the case because I play a lot of Netrunner and this happens to card packs all the time. Does FFG reissue older IA expansions on a regular basis? I am hoping they do reissue older sets for those of us just getting into Imperial Assault. I checked the FFG Upcoming page and the only Imperial Assault reprint listed was Boba Fett which is late Wave 2
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any price changes in the Finnish stores, everything is in stock. There may be local shortages. FFG does regular reprints, Han Solo has already been reprinted at least once.

Where are you looking for them?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out coolstuffinc only Boba Fett is out of stock. I'm assuming this is the same for most of the online retailers. And all cheaper.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BlessAndDestroy wrote:
I'm new to the game and started my first campaign last week. We've made it three missions in so far and my game group is really digging it! With that in mind, I hopped online to pick up some of the Wave 1 expansions but found that several were very expensive or simply not available. For instance, Han Solo goes for about $25 and the Rebel Troopers go for nearly $35.

Is this because they are out of print? I assume that's the case because I play a lot of Netrunner and this happens to card packs all the time. Does FFG reissue older IA expansions on a regular basis? I am hoping they do reissue older sets for those of us just getting into Imperial Assault. I checked the FFG Upcoming page and the only Imperial Assault reprint listed was Boba Fett which is late Wave 2

Han Solo at CSI for $7.49
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Guthrie
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, I looked everywhere BUT CSI. Good call! I just ordered all of Wave 1 except General Weiss (who I hear isn;t worth getting). Thanks for the replies!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
BlessAndDestroy wrote:
Oh man, I looked everywhere BUT CSI. Good call! I just ordered all of Wave 1 except General Weiss (who I hear isn;t worth getting). Thanks for the replies!


Really? I love Weiss!

He has one of the most impressive figures in the game, and he can play an important part in the base campaign.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG have a constant reprint cycle going on, Boba Fett is listed as At the Printer for example.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Very little is truly 'out of print', unless Games Workshop appears on the box.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Guthrie
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
BlessAndDestroy wrote:
Oh man, I looked everywhere BUT CSI. Good call! I just ordered all of Wave 1 except General Weiss (who I hear isn;t worth getting). Thanks for the replies!


Really? I love Weiss!

He has one of the most impressive figures in the game, and he can play an important part in the base campaign.


Oh really? I may have taken what people said the wrong way. Basically some were saying you already have an AT-ST in the box, so it works as a great proxy for no extra investment.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clearihue
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BlessAndDestroy wrote:

Oh really? I may have taken what people said the wrong way. Basically some were saying you already have an AT-ST in the box, so it works as a great proxy for no extra investment.


And the little tokens are a great proxy for Han and IG-88, but it's definitely more appealing (to me at least) to have the model on the table.

Plus, the AT-ST doesn't have the comically oversized arsenal that Weiss does.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
BlessAndDestroy wrote:
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
BlessAndDestroy wrote:
Oh man, I looked everywhere BUT CSI. Good call! I just ordered all of Wave 1 except General Weiss (who I hear isn;t worth getting). Thanks for the replies!


Really? I love Weiss!

He has one of the most impressive figures in the game, and he can play an important part in the base campaign.


Oh really? I may have taken what people said the wrong way. Basically some were saying you already have an AT-ST in the box, so it works as a great proxy for no extra investment.


Huh, I guess that's true. I guess people are just pretty split on this. I've talked to several people who have claimed that if you're only going to get one figure, it should be Weiss.

I have every Ally/Villain pack released, and I'd say Weiss is definitely one of the ones I'm most happy with. But I'm sure YMMV, especially in different campaigns/skirmish mode.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
cleardave wrote:
BlessAndDestroy wrote:

Oh really? I may have taken what people said the wrong way. Basically some were saying you already have an AT-ST in the box, so it works as a great proxy for no extra investment.


And the little tokens are a great proxy for Han and IG-88, but it's definitely more appealing (to me at least) to have the model on the table.

Plus, the AT-ST doesn't have the comically oversized arsenal that Weiss does.


I think it should by obvious why the AT-ST would be a better proxy for General Weiss than the tokens are for their respective characters.

Sure, it's a bit more fun to have the oversized weaponry, but in terms of marginal benefit, it's probably the lowest on the scale (save for maybe Stormtroopers) and also one of the more expensive figures. In other words, buy everything else first and save Weiss for when you need another item to get free shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In my campaign, there was only one time where I needed both Weiss and the AT-ST at the same time, and it was only for a couple of turns.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.