Subject: Census rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Armstrong
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really understand the point of keeping units out of the census portion of the game. If I have 4 green lets say, why would I not reveal all of them for best chance at getting the reward?

As I read the rules it clearly says that all units revealed go back behind player screens at the end of this phase, so you are not sacrificing them to get the reward.

The only downside I can think of is letting players know how many of each unit you have, so they can better predict which threat(s) you may be going for next? If that's it then the potential rewards seem to outweigh revealing that info to opponents, at least IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Mistiaen
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dante2010xxx wrote:
The only downside I can think of is letting players know how many of each unit you have, so they can better predict which threat(s) you may be going for next? (sic)

That's all there is to it. If that makes it an easy decision for you, then more power to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it right: there is usually not a benefit in not revealing, usually being the key word.

If you're revealing 0 (especially when you know you're not going to win the bonus), you might throw other people's plan off, since they might expect you to go and get whatever you need to defeat a specific monster, while you already have it.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.