$20.00
$60.00
Edward Gorzek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00TQ0DXR2/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=...

Pandemic Legacy for 20 shipped from China. Hand anyone seen a "fake" hame or is it really nust a stollen game. I assumed this was a played ussd game.

Note: The scam is that the seller will collect the money before the game ships and close leaving amazon with the bill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SavageSpawn wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00TQ0DXR2/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=...

Pandemic Legacy for 20 shipped from China. Hand anyone seen a "fake" hame or is it really nust a stollen game. I assumed this was a played ussd game.

Note: The scam is that the seller will collect the money before the game ships and close leaving amazon with the bill.

No idea, but generally board games are too niche to counterfiet.
Regardless, Amazon assumes the risk as part of their seller program, so it's not as though they are unaware of that potential issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been several, very 'iffy' deals come up recently. For example, CamelCamelCamel alerted me to a copy of Betrayal at the House on the Hill 2nd Ed for $14+$5 shipping. But it was a new store, and shipped from mainland China. There was also another thread about Pandemic Legacy going for $14 which seemed dubious.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1633401/pandemic-legacy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Talley
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piece of mind is worth something too. I would be tense for weeks waiting for my used/cheap rip off/something else, to arrive in the mail...if it ever did...which would be additional stress.

And what if my card is hacked, and I get charged a million dollars!? Then I would have to watch my credit report for the next six months, change my name, get a new bank, get new credit cards, and then post on BGG about how it is the retailers fault I got scammed.

Buyer beware, if it's to good to be true...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
This scam has been popping up quite a bit lately.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1633401/pandemic-legacy-red...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1630270/deadscam-amazon-car...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you even have to ask yourself is it fake.. consider its fake.. and move on.

Go with your gut, your first opinion is usualy correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jefimeyerhoff wrote:
There have been several, very 'iffy' deals come up recently. For example, CamelCamelCamel alerted me to a copy of Betrayal at the House on the Hill 2nd Ed for $14+$5 shipping. But it was a new store, and shipped from mainland China. There was also another thread about Pandemic Legacy going for $14 which seemed dubious.

Yeah, I got a notification for tuitshirt selling T'Zolkin for 13.60 -- they're a brand-new store and all their items are 13.60 -- smells like a scam to me!

The MO seems likely based on the guess above: open the store, sell products, close store and leave AMZ with the problems.

A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
crackbone wrote:
No idea, but generally board games are too niche to counterfeit.

actually not... counterfeiting board games in China has been going on for at least 10 years... usually titles that are "Printed in China" as the files for the artwork, etc is already over there. Most counterfeited/pirated games are card games because they are the easiest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most certainly a scam, don't throw your money away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if a legit boardgame sale happens -- I will refuse to buy any game at $14 + ship

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Z.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SavageSpawn wrote:

That's not how Amazon works. They don't release the fund to seller until the order is marked shipped, and for new sellers there's a 30 day waiting period before they'll receive any payment at all. Not saying it's not a scam, but it's not how you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Manser
Canada
Didsbury
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Amazon does much to stop the sales of counterfeited product. There are numerous accounts of items that were sold legitimately by the original retailers, only to be undercut by a Chinese knockoff. I've read accounts where the original producer would complain to Amazon, Amazon would shut down the counterfeit store, only to have it reopen under a different name later.
Like someone else has said, board games are a niche market, but becoming bigger, so although it might be unlikely to be a knockoff, it could be, and thinking Amazon is doing their due diligence might be a bit naive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Talley
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaj94 wrote:
jefimeyerhoff wrote:

Yeah, I got a notification for tuitshirt selling T'Zolkin for 13.60 -- they're a brand-new store and all their items are 13.60 -- smells like a scam to me!

The MO seems likely based on the guess above: open the store, sell products, close store and leave AMZ with the problems.

A

Totally agree and Amazon doesn't give a crap if you make a poor choice in your poor purchasing decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
Sweet Grass
Montana
flag msg tools
China is well known for producing knockoffs of almost everything. I was there. Just be careful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.