Popular Tags: [View All]
kevin jones
Wales
chirk
wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope someone can help....

What if a German during evasive movement runs into a hex occupied by an active US soldier?

If a German runs out of ammo does he just do nothing each turn (if it's a fire paragraph?)

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Leonard
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
In regards to ammo shortage, I ran into this twice yesterday. In one case, the soldier had an extra weapon and I used that.

In the other scenario, he was on the same hex as another German soldier that had been KIA. I opted for an action that would Take/Exchange weapons from the dead soldier and I considered that his turn.

Otherwise, if the soldier has no ammo, no weapon or no secondary weapon, there isn't much to do. I would possibly consider making rolls to his "Self Preservation" column as this would allow him to run away or escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
Part savage, part savant, with a dash of satanic seasoning
mbmbmbmb
shropshirelad wrote:
If a German runs out of ammo does he just do nothing each turn (if it's a fire paragraph?)
Thanks

Quote:
GERMAN AMMO EXPENDITURE
German soldiers do not have Ammo Boxes and do not expend ammo clips when firing. Germans can run out of ammunition as a result of a paragraph. When ordered to fire, a German soldier out of ammo will instead try to perform one of the following actions, in order of precedence: fire secondary weapon, exchange ammo with other German in same hex, take the first other action from his list that does not require him to fire, lie prone. He will never leave his movement path to get to a possible “ammo source”.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shropshirelad wrote:
What if a German during evasive movement runs into a hex occupied by an active US soldier?
Thanks

Quote:
7/3 Movement During Rounds
A soldier must stop movement immediately upon entering a hex occupied by an enemy active soldier.

6/8 German Actions
Self Preservation. Every German soldier card includes a self preservation column (marked "S") of Action Paragraph numbers. This column is used instead of the current condition column whenever the German is in a hex occupied or adjacent to an active US soldier, regardless of LOS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin jones
Wales
chirk
wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick replies guys.

The bit after 'Germans running out of ammo due to a paragraph' is not in my rulebook...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Becker
United States
Florissant
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shropshirelad wrote:
Thanks for your quick replies guys.

The bit after 'Germans running out of ammo due to a paragraph' is not in my rulebook...

Here is a great resource to check out.

Ambush! Rules with Errata Included
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/66683/ambush-rules-er...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin jones
Wales
chirk
wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers... I'll check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.