9 Posts

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Promo KS Content / Special Edition - other languages rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really interested in buying this awesome game.

However, I am wondering if some of the KS stuff will be available also in other languages (like German). Of course, I am especially interested in the language dependent additional cards.

This really makes a big difference for me and depending on the answer I will decide, if to pick it up at Essen or not. Honestely, I agree with Kickstarter and I also agree that fans pay a little more to get additional stuff in order to push their favourite publisher. However, I do not agree that KS and such practises are ruining the hobby, because the stuff will never become available (in your desired language, for example).

I appreciate the awesome communication of Stonemaier Games. Their information policy is great (http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/), so I will not abandond all hope that the special edition content will be translated! After going through hell with "Cool Mini Or Not", I sweared to never ever buy such a game again...
"oh KS exclusives are our new business model, and the stuff will never be available in another language therefore... sad for you poor little guys who did not want to support us on KS and back English stuff" angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Castrillo Alonso
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps, all promos were translated for the spanish edition of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael: Thanks for your questions. It's just a few objective card and encounter card promos that are both (a) not included in the retail game and (b) language dependent. You have a few options at this time:

1. You can buy the English version of the game and download the translated card guide from our website: https://app.box.com/s/rj3jrw0rab2uiz02up89kbant5g8ew1p

2. You can buy the German version of the game at Essen. Morning Players is including the translated promo cards with games they sell at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean "print'n'tinker"?
Or has it been inside the retail version from "Maldito Games"? If "Morning Players" will do that, this is an instant buy then And in addition thumbs up for Stonemaier Games that they allow this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, my answer has been simultaneously with yours Jamey, sorry!

So, the answer is that Morning Players are including the translated promos!

Thumbs up again to Stonemaier Games and Morning Players!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morning
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
publisher
meeplemeeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal L
Switzerland
Attalens
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Morning Players,

I have the same question for the french version.
Will it be possible to have these promos in french later this year by buying them on a web store or will it be exclusive to Essen "pick-up"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kisco wrote:
Hello Morning Players,

I have the same question for the french version.
Will it be possible to have these promos in french later this year by buying them on a web store or will it be exclusive to Essen "pick-up"?

+1

This question was answered on TricTrac many times without any response.
It would be very helpful to know if promo cards will be translated into french or not.

I think that this would not very costly to answer given the fact that the french version of the base game will be available soon !

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the promo cards that were in the Kickstarter editions were translated into French. Morning Players is selling them at Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.