$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leaving things on the build queue? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
So I was just reading one of the Play By Forums games, and a player said that they were going to leave some items on the build queue. Is that legal? I've been playing that you must deploy everything that "slides off the board" immediately or lose it - to my own detriment, as I've played the Rebels both times and had this happen both times.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaving units on space 1 for a future turn is allowed.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
In my experience this is a vital strategy for the Empire, because all that work finding the Rebel Base is worthless if you can't bring enough firepower to bear. It helps to leave a Star Destroyer and AT-AT on deck to reinforce supply lines quickly as well as having the flexibility to respond to Rebel threats on other ends of the board.

Often for the Rebels the player runs out of eligible systems to deploy on anyway.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Watson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to cite the relevant rule:

Quote:
Each player can deploy a maximum of two units to each
system during each Refresh Phase.
• If a player cannot (or does not wish to) deploy some of his
units, he places these units back on the “1” space of his
build queue.



Rules Reference, p 7, "Deploy Units"
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Coupon wrote:
In my experience this is a vital strategy for the Empire, because all that work finding the Rebel Base is worthless if you can't bring enough firepower to bear. It helps to leave a Star Destroyer and AT-AT on deck to reinforce supply lines quickly as well as having the flexibility to respond to Rebel threats on other ends of the board.

Often for the Rebels the player runs out of eligible systems to deploy on anyway.


Since activation brings in pieces from as many adjacent spaces as you like (barring restrictions such presence of a friendly leader), you can amass a very large force by deploying 2 pieces each to multiple adjacent spaces the turn before you invade.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its allowed ofcourse.

I would sa as the rebels its almost more imporatnt.

Once you move your base you definitely want to be able to deploy something into it, have something waiting, hopefully a MCC and something else that is not just a trooper.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jackalope wrote:
Darth Coupon wrote:
In my experience this is a vital strategy for the Empire, because all that work finding the Rebel Base is worthless if you can't bring enough firepower to bear. It helps to leave a Star Destroyer and AT-AT on deck to reinforce supply lines quickly as well as having the flexibility to respond to Rebel threats on other ends of the board.

Often for the Rebels the player runs out of eligible systems to deploy on anyway.


Since activation brings in pieces from as many adjacent spaces as you like (barring restrictions such presence of a friendly leader), you can amass a very large force by deploying 2 pieces each to multiple adjacent spaces the turn before you invade.


except that this takes 2 turns (1 turn to move them together the leader now blocks further movement this turn, next turn move into the rebel base) and you need transport in each system you move units from.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
jackalope wrote:
Darth Coupon wrote:
In my experience this is a vital strategy for the Empire, because all that work finding the Rebel Base is worthless if you can't bring enough firepower to bear. It helps to leave a Star Destroyer and AT-AT on deck to reinforce supply lines quickly as well as having the flexibility to respond to Rebel threats on other ends of the board.

Often for the Rebels the player runs out of eligible systems to deploy on anyway.


Since activation brings in pieces from as many adjacent spaces as you like (barring restrictions such presence of a friendly leader), you can amass a very large force by deploying 2 pieces each to multiple adjacent spaces the turn before you invade.


except that this takes 2 turns (1 turn to move them together the leader now blocks further movement this turn, next turn move into the rebel base) and you need transport in each system you move units from.

If you have the rebel base surrounded, and have transports (which the Imperial capital ships all are), you don't have to consolidate the fleet first, just move straight in there.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.