Subject: Help with duplicate components for Viticulture and Tuscany rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Wolterink
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
I have a copy of Viticulture Essential Edition, and one of Tuscany original Collector's Edition with metal coins. Someone threw as many of the components as would fit (it's surprisingly most of them) from Tuscany into the Viticulture box, and now it's a discorganized, jumbled mess. Fortunately, nothing is open, but I need help figuring out what I have duplicates of, and seperating out the doubles, perhaps to sell or trade individually, or as a set. I would prefer not to open them if possible. A few things can be figured out from the components list, such as Momas and Papas, and the field cards/property tiles (they are the same), but much of the rest is really confusing (some visitors from Essential Edition Viticulture and Advanced Visitors from Tuscany, for example). Many items are the same cards, but it's nearly impossible to figure out what is the same and what is not without opening the decks, which I would prefer not to do with the duplicates if I can avoid it. I shouldn't need any of the second edition errata stuff from Tuscany, nor should I need to replace any cards from Essential Edition with Tuscany cards, as Essential edition came after and includes those changes. But I do want to add all of the Tuscany conpenents that are not in the Essential Edition Viticulture, and remove any duplicates. Can anyone help with a detailed comparison of components, and help figure out how to identify duplicates without having to open everything and compare card by card? Progress using the components lists in each of the two rulebooks is confusing, slow, and sometimes innacurate, because the Tuscany book suggests replacing cards that have already been updated for the Viticulture Essential Edition. And Viticulture Essential Edition doesn't differentiate between base cards and expansion cards in the rulebook or component list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I don't hear anything and fail to sort things out on my own with the decks sealed, I'll just open the decks and go from there.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel: We have a few resources that can help you out with this.

1. The first is the following image, which shows the general idea of the different versions of the games.

2. The second is the following image that shows all of the original content in Tuscany, breaking it down by what was moved into Viticulture Essential, what remains in Tuscany Essential, and what's only in the original Tuscany.

3. The third is this Google Doc that lists the various visitor cards in the various versions of the game (as well as Moor Visitors): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mCRAuf99t6tuiPRWHbaf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wolterink
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Thank you so much, Jamey! I was hoping you might have a reply for me, since I know you're active on BGG, but knowing you must be busy, I didn't want to ask directly. This should get me most of the way there, if not solving my organization issues completely! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wolterink
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
I do also have the Moor Visitors expansion, but it is seperate from the combined other versions. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey you are amazing! While doesn't directly impact me, your constant support for your games and players doesn't go unnoticed! Class act!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gerry! I'm happy to help (especially given that I'm the one who cause the confusion in the first place by releasing multiple editions and overlapping expansions! ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.