Subject: Project: ELITE first play, abandoned lab, solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Levi Hobbs
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
No matter how intense I may get about enjoying boardgames, I hope I never forget to simply be an amateur.
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally received my package after over a year of waiting. The wait had been so long that I had long ago tried to forget about it..."you're dead to me Project Elite...dead to me." And yet when I got that package. There was an undeniable alien pull. Must play. Play soon. Play NOW.

I set up the abandoned lab map with an easy recon mission. Only two bosses; how hard can it be? Never mind the fact that I'm playing my first game solo. On solo mode you get to roll 5 action dice instead of 4, and besides that it plays just like two players would.

At first with only two squads of aliens coming at me, I thought this would be easy. But the. I realized how much my gun sucked. The heat gun only hits on 6s. It took me the whole round just to kill 2 aliens.

I kept telling myself that I would search a room and get another weapon. But the aliens kept getting close so I felt compelled to kill them. But steadily there were more and more aliens. Finally I got two new weapons and started lighting them up a bit better, but I got terrible rolls and after a round of only killing three had ended, I realized that I had never gotten to the most important alien...and so it got to the start zone...and I lost.

I'm glad this game definitely has some challenge to it and look forward to playing with my friends soon.

Also I will say, the miniatures were nowhere near as bad as I was lead to believe. I really enjoy them; plenty of detail for me. Certainly not as much detail as Battles for Westeros for instance. But for me it isn't bothering me at all.

EDIT: I've now played 3 more times; here's the session report: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23706403
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom D

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to trying this. I hope my copy arrives soon! Did you get tracking info or it just showed up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Mendes
Portugal
Santarem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also got mine last week and played it solo two days ago. Really enjoy it and can't wait for another run solo and with more people.

From my opinion the minis aren't that great to be honest but while playing I could understand that it would be worst to have detailed minis while playing since due to the real time round you can hit hard on the minis while moving them and doing quick moves. angry I can't explain it but while moving the minis I thought that I would be more worried how to pick the minis if they were more detailed. laugh

I was worried that I would be disapointed with the game but I was wrong and the game looks fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S.
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you enjoyed it, Levi. My kickstarter showed up yesterday after my year wait, too, and I've plowed through the rules and will slap it on the table this weekend. It looks fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Araiza
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I got mine today, it's exciting after so many months and all the controversy I still have my second thoughts about supporting Artipia Games again because they did very bad things comunicating and resolving the issues. So when I saw their new kickstarter I just say nope.

Drawlab came thru with all the fabrication of the minis still I think they did not deliver the promised quality wich was a pivotal part of the campaign, but the game itself looks really fun and truly accomplished all the excitement and expectations.

Hope it does well in retail and hope both companies learned their mistakes and get better in the future.

Now let's play and kill some aliens.... Load up.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Hobbs
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
No matter how intense I may get about enjoying boardgames, I hope I never forget to simply be an amateur.
mbmbmbmbmb
tomlikeabomb wrote:
I'm really looking forward to trying this. I hope my copy arrives soon! Did you get tracking info or it just showed up?

It just showed up; no tracking info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Hobbs
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inner__Light wrote:

I got mine today, it's exciting after so many months and all the controversy I still have my second thoughts about supporting Artipia Games again because they did very bad things comunicating and resolving the issues. So when I saw their new kickstarter I just say nope.

Drawlab came thru with all the fabrication of the minis still I think they did not deliver the promised quality wich was a pivotal part of the campaign, but the game itself looks really fun and truly accomplished all the excitement and expectations.

Hope it does well in retail and hope both companies learned their mistakes and get better in the future.

Now let's play and kill some aliens.... Load up.....

I couldn't agree more Erick, I think the KS campaign was pretty botched in terms of delivering the quality promised and in terms of communication. I'm mostly separating the game from the company in my mind and so far I'm really enjoying playing the game. As far as the company goes, that's another matter...I'll probably wait to see how they perform on future campaigns before backing again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
levininja wrote:
tomlikeabomb wrote:

What was the shipping method please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Levi Hobbs
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sekelaa wrote:
levininja wrote:
tomlikeabomb wrote:

What was the shipping method please?

DHL was the carrier. Origin was the United Kingdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
levininja wrote:
tomlikeabomb wrote:

Ditto. DHL from Gamesquest in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sekela
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.