Rocky V
United States
INDIANAPOLIS
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi fellow receptacles

Need some help with clarifying a few rules

1) State tokens: If you use the state token to enter a location, is it later discarded?

2) When you enter a location, and the location says that you take item XX, is this considered spending a TU?

3) When player A is fighting a challenge and other player move to the location, will that player also receive any loss of life points of player A loses.

4) When both players are fighting a challenge together, will they roll the die together? how are the skulls calculated? individually or combined?

Whats the best way to keep track of the time units as its been somehow difficult in our play run. Any suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

My first suggestion is to check out the official FAQ thread. A lot of your questions have been answered there - and many more you will have in future are probably there already

1. No. Except when the run resets
2. No. FAQ will help you on what costs TU and what doesnt
3. No.
4. No. Each player takes their actions.

Move down the TU - then everyone gets to do 1 action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes do read the FAQ. About what takes time and what does not.
One point I missed was that some cards say, spend X TU to do Y. It takes X TU, nobody can do something "else" during that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what you're looking for: Official FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rocky9555 wrote:

Whats the best way to keep track of the time units as its been somehow difficult in our play run. Any suggestions.

Seriously? The proper space at the board should be good enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocky V
United States
INDIANAPOLIS
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thx Paul and everyone for ur valuable suggestions. I read the FAQ later..but question 4 was a bit confusion in FAQ but Paul clarified that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jono Naito
United States
Red Hook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Flaviorbs wrote:
rocky9555 wrote:

Seriously? The proper space at the board should be good enough.

I suspect as in taking actions per TU. Sometimes my group is so stuck in conversation we can lose track of who hasn't taken an action. To represent this, when spending a TU, we each place our small pawn on the board somewhere, and take it off when we act, just as a reminder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I flip over the large pawns when someone has taken an action. I was surprised this wasn't in the actual rules of the game, and I asked for it to be included next time since it just makes complete sense.

Without it, it is very easy to forget who has taken an action and who hasn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
I flip over the large pawns when someone has taken an action. I was surprised this wasn't in the actual rules of the game, and I asked for it to be included next time since it just makes complete sense.

Without it, it is very easy to forget who has taken an action and who hasn't.

We started doing the same naturally very early. We pay a TU, flip everyone color side up, then flip them down as each player takes their action (moves, tests, nothings)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.