Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Silverton for the first time, solitare, and I'm looking at the Denver-Leadville passenger route that says its discarded after 4 Leadville depletions. What's a Leadville depletion and how do I know if its happened?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
See page 8, paragraph IV.3 of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maxwell
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I knew what a depletion was, what I didn't know is that there were multiple claims for each city. I couldn't figure out how Leadville could have 4 depletions until I realized there were 6 Leadville claims.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Harris
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonRMax wrote:
I couldn't figure out how Leadville could have 4 depletions until I realized there were 6 Leadville claims.

Be sure to see this thread and the Mayfair Games FAQ entry regarding an error on the "A" Denver-to-Leadville card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seharris wrote:
Be sure to see this thread and the Mayfair Games FAQ entry regarding an error on the "A" Denver-to-Leadville card.

Found a vaild link for the Silverton FAQ, however the page has no entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The FAQ indicates that the card should read THREE depletions rather than four.

2) When do you start counting? After purchasing the line? After the card is revealed (its a "B" route and not initially visible until the A route above it is removed/purchased). Or do you retroactively count any depletions (and potentially discard the line as soon as it appears if there have already been 3 depletions)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Goudeau
United States
Moody
Alabama
flag msg tools
Laissez les bons temps rouler
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always started tracking depletions from the beginning of the game.
The route that is removed is an 'A' route available at start. The lower value B Denver-Leadville route remains even after the depletions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to re-check....but I could have sworn this was a route that isn't initially available/visible (a B route), and that there is a C route that is permanent. Either way, I think it makes sense to track from the outset, except that I didn't realize I needed to do so.

Furthermore, I suppose that the route card is removed once the requisite number of depletions occurs, even if that route card was never purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
Furthermore, I suppose that the route card is removed once the requisite number of depletions occurs, even if that route card was never purchased.
Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J.
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
My 1999 Mayfair edition rulebook doesn't mention this on page 8, Sec. IV(3) or anywhere else in the rulebook. The only mention of "Leadville Depletion" is in the instructions on placing stickers on the chips.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.