Subject: Assembling PnP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So after stumbling across the kickstarter on SU&SD last night, I instantly fell in love with this game(and honestly the idea of micro-games in general). Being able to fit a game in an Altoids' tin is awesome - as the tin can fit in my pocket or be thrown in any bag along with my heavier games. So I backed the kickstarter($10 level to get one good copy), but I would love to make my own copies for small gifts.
That said, I have a few questions:
1) Am I going to step on Justin's toes by doing this? The idea is to give them to kids at the end of the school year who joined the board game club. I am fairly certain the school would not put anything toward the costs, and as much as I would like to buy 5-10 copies, it is outside my budget at this time.

2) Best method for printing? I would be willing to print them out on plain cardstock and just laminate them(materials for this are already supplied by the school, and if not are relatively cheap, as I have them already).

3) The "mints" or wooden disc seem to be very small and tough to make, but I have found what might be a plausible solution. A 0.25 inch dowel at 3 feet is about 75 cents. I figure at that price I can make about 150-200 discs, which go for 10 cents a piece online. Is that plausible, or has someone found a cheaper way to get the discs, or at least cost effective to justify buying bulk(500 or so discs for less than $25). Also, is 1/4" a reasonable size, or should I go with something smaller? Caseyswood has 1/2" diameter for 4-10 cents a pop, depending on quantity.

Thanks in advance for answers, and thanks to Justin for making such an interesting game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just printed on 110lb car stock paper, cut down to size so all images are full bleed and then used a corner puncher for the rounded corners. I printed on my color LaserJet, so I'm not too worried about laminating.

The cards look great and the card stock feels close enough to real cards. =)

As for mints, for now I just use dimes and a Quarter for the first player marker... But the official wooden tokens will be 4mm thick, so I'm sure 1/4" should be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Blaske
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Send me a message Swampy. I want to see if I can help out with the board game club.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jblaske wrote:
Send me a message Swampy. I want to see if I can help out with the board game club.

This is why I love BGG...awesome!

Let me know if I can donate to the cause as well. Can I call helping kids to play board games a "cause"? I would love to purchase a game or two to send his way if I can. I only pledged for two copies, but would like to help out too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jblaske wrote:

+1 for this as well.

Think I'll add a few more copies to my order now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.