Eric Vannoy
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Perhaps someone can help me.

What do the values represent within the CRT? There does not seem to be any mention of them in the Combat section of the rules. There is a column off to the RH side that provides a loss percentage; this I understand (you reference your loss on another table)...but the cross-reference numbers are a mystery. Perhaps these values are added or subtracted from the strength points of the attacker before referencing the second table[?].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen A
United States
Brooklyn
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,

I think the numbers within the CRT, is the die roll itself, plus any adjustment(s) to the die roll?

Stephen

moonfrog wrote:
Perhaps someone can help me.

What do the values represent within the CRT? There does not seem to be any mention of them in the Combat section of the rules. There is a column off to the RH side that provides a loss percentage; this I understand (you reference your loss on another table)...but the cross-reference numbers are a mystery. Perhaps these values are added or subtracted from the strength points of the attacker before referencing the second table[?].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thelonious Monk - Monk's Dream // Benny Carter - The King // Charles McPherson - Manhattan Nocturne // Art Pepper - Smack Up // Dudu Pukwana - In The Townships
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ahdvitp wrote:
I think the numbers within the CRT, is the die roll itself, plus any adjustment(s) to the die roll?

Yep, as indicated by the descriptor along the left hand edge which says "Adjusted Die Roll at odds of...".

There's also the Procedure section in [9.0] Combat which says in part:
Procedure wrote:
... The attacker then rolls the die. The die roll is modified for Leadership and Terrain Effects, and the modified die roll result is cross-referenced to find the Combat Result...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Vannoy
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Ah yes, it makes sense now. Thanks for getting me on track guys!

At first glance it seemed the left-side column represented the die roll (I now see that every column does so). Quite a unique CRT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.