$60.00
$20.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Artifacts, Inc.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Museum majority scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rachel W
msg tools
The rules state that at the end of the game, the player with the most cubes on each museum card gains the Reputation points for that card. Is this the number of cubes, or the value of the cubes?

For example, in a two-player game, if Joe has a cube on the 1 and the 2 spaces, and Susie has a cube on the 6 space, does Susie win the points because the value is higher, or does Joe because he has more cubes on the board?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Graves
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlwertheimer wrote:
The rules state that at the end of the game, the player with the most cubes on each museum card gains the Reputation points for that card.


Is that verbatim from the rules? If so, I think I've been playing wrong, because that would mean Joe would win.

I have have always played the person with the highest positioned cube. So if the bottom-right-most spot is filled, that player always wins the majority points
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Highest position was just the tiebreaker. The most cubes gets the points.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:
Highest position was just the tiebreaker. The most cubes gets the points.


What Chris said. So in the OP's example, Joe (having cubes on the 1 and 2 spaces) would win the majority over Susie (who only has a single cube on the 6 space).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Einheber
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Related question: Since position is the tie-breaker, if there are multiple 1 spots on a museum card, can you take the highest positioned one if both are open or do you have to take the lower one first?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you might as well take the highest one available.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sithel wrote:
Related question: Since position is the tie-breaker, if there are multiple 1 spots on a museum card, can you take the highest positioned one if both are open or do you have to take the lower one first?


Yes, as broggi said. Also, you can always "skip" spaces and go straight for a higher amount. For example, you could skip selling 2 fossils to the museum and sell 3 fossils instead. Doing this can be crucial towards the end of the game when you can somewhat calculate how many artifacts the other players might be capable of producing. I've done it before to "lock in" a museum majority, even though the downside of course is that the other players can then just say "forget it" to winning that museum majority and then concentrate on getting points elsewhere.

Bottom line: If the space is open you can choose any spot in the museum to play to.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudolph Fox
Mexico
flag msg tools
broggi wrote:
Yes, you might as well take the highest one available.


It would have been Good to explain this in the manual, it just says that you can choose one of the available spaces. And at the end marks which are the more valuable.

Other question: the side card bonus are scored at the end of the game or when the cards are played, because this triggers the end faster
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rudolp wrote:


Other question: the side card bonus are scored at the end of the game or when the cards are played, because this triggers the end faster


Everything apart from museum majority is scored immediately afaik.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rudolp wrote:
broggi wrote:
Yes, you might as well take the highest one available.


It would have been Good to explain this in the manual, it just says that you can choose one of the available spaces.

The example given in the manual for the Museum action does indeed show a lower space being skipped over to choose a higher one.
Pro tip: Always read the examples in rule books as they usually, deliberately account for multiple nuances.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.