$30.00
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so this might be weird, but I've always wondered why there are only 3 ways you could arrange threads - by how many thumbs up they have, by when they've last been active and by when they've been written. However, there are so many threads out there that are very controversial, lead to dozens of replies and interesting discussions, but are difficult to find because they've not been active for a while, they've not been posted recently and they've not received many thumbs up. I don't know much about how difficult it would be to implement such an ordering possibility, but I thought it would be cool to put it on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
No one else feels like mucking through shit to find a gem?

Pure speculation. Good idea, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
I first read this header as "Why is there no option to sort threads by number of reptiles?" Needless to say, I was confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
jdaly72 wrote:
I first read this header as "Why is there no option to sort threads by number of reptiles?" Needless to say, I was confused.

I'd be cool with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there actually that many interesting threads out there with a disproportionately low number of thumbs relative to other stuff in their same game subforum?

It seems like things that generate interest and replies are going to draw people, some subsection of which are the type of person to thumb interesting threads.

It seems like the only time you would use this is that you have no idea what you're looking for, so aren't searching, and don't have faith in people who think something is useful to flag it as such. And are looking at a big popular game since lesser discussed games don't have big forums so it doesn't matter how you sort them. And don't want to find anything super relevant since the conversation moved on years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.