Mage Knight Board Game: The Lost Legion» Forums » General

Subject: High level Volkare strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Sörhuus
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another thread gave me the following wondering:
Those of you who have successfully fought high level Volkare(s), what were your key ingredients to your win? Besides that good ol portion of luck...
Card combos, emphasis on certain units, tempo, distance between city and V, mana management etc. Would be interesting to see what I haven't thought of myself (there's always something).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of it depends on which scenario you are playing and how many other players you are playing with.

If playing with multiple players, having someone as a sacrificial knight who goes in while the other knight/knights try and finish the job helps. Feel free to take as many Altem Mages at night with you as possible as units, along with Flame Wave and Earthquake as spells and a few rings as artifacts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since Volkare's units are not fortified, I have had quite a bit of luck with Ranged attacks. Bow of starsdawn, spells, Bolt action cards,...

Having a few units with good resistances helps too, since they can take a hit and keep going.

At high levels, you are likely to take a few good hits, so having motivation for a skill to quickly recover from a knockout also helps out.

As mentioned before, any of the spells that get better against more units is awesome against volkare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Sörhuus
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Whoops, I had solo+return in mind, but multi or quest is of course also of interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.