Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Parsons
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi folks! My wife is a baker and we both love gaming, so over the last few months we've both been trying to whip up thematic treats, both as a "couples" activity and for hosting game nights. Some are certainly prettier than others, but I thought it'd be fun to share some of them:

Here we made some Carcassonne-themed blondies. The small amount of village detailing was actually difficult! Toothpicks did the trick.

This one was actually a birthday cake made for me. Coupled with that gift - a morning of Star Wars Rebellion!

We're about halfway through our campaign now, but to kick it off we made pandemic-themed sugar cookies and macarons.

Elder Sign will always hold a special place in our hearts as one of our first purchases when we started diving heavier into the hobby.

These are some Splendor cookies we made. She made the "gems" out of jello-molds with extra gelatin added for greater hardiness, and I iced the "poker chips" - with an apparently unsteady hand.

I didn't help at all with this one, sadly. It's a brain cake for a Dead of Winter game night - red velvet cake, marshmellow fondant and a seedless raspberry glaze.

Thanks for reading/looking! It's been a pretty fun way to enhance game nights, particularly when roping in new gamers.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invite?

But seriously, these are fucking awesome. Good for you guys. I understand that cooking is something some people love...I am decidedly more comfortable on the consumption end of the equation. The execution seems second only to the effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! You should turn this into a geeklist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Parsons
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
djn1981 wrote:

I've only recently gotten more involved with BGG, so unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what a geeklist is, but I'll look into it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That brain cake is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.J.
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... these are fantastic! Great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Heisenberg
Spain
Death Star
A galaxy far, far away
flag msg tools
"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."
badge
"Say my name"
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG that's awesome!
Can I play with you? meeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans in Gluck sells a ice tray that one can use to mold candy meeples

I got a gingerbread castle cookie cutter at B&N

Next December I hope to make a gingerbread cookie carcassone castle with meeples
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Awesome! Now try pickle-rolled by cream cheese and ham. Those will go extremely fast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A gamer who works in a bar/restaurant managed to get them to host International Tabletop Day 2014, and also have the kitchen create some bg-themed foods....

Original blog article here....
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/29209/my-internationa...

Last Night On Earth Burger
CarcaLssonne
Takenachos (pictured)
Forbidden Des(s)sert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Parsons
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
ackmondual wrote:
A gamer who works in a bar/restaurant managed to get them to host International Tabletop Day 2014, and also have the kitchen create some bg-themed foods....

That is awesome! I'd have fallen for the Takenachos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Holroyd
England
Morecambe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that this should be a geeklist.

Those treats are awesome. Great job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Burnham
United Kingdom
Abingdon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Agricola themed baking;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Parsons
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
greenwoodtree wrote:
Really awesome! I think I'd only go to that trouble if I had some help like you did, make it a group project. meeplemeeple

It's actually pretty fun to do as a couples thing, and probably for groups too. They don't always turn out perfect, but it adds a little fun go the "pre-game night" preparations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
WANTED: Looking for someone to make me a papillon microbadge. (Its a dog.)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CowboyHatValor wrote:
The small amount of village detailing was actually difficult!

Trust me, I didn't think it was anything but. Amazing job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vk1980 wrote:
My Agricola themed baking;

Looks good. Did you sow before baking?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Stevenson
Australia
Fortitude Valley
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!!!!

Some of you guys are seriously rocking the whole social games scene.

So well done.

Loc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ofiesh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those Splendor cookies surprised me the most because...it's so obvious. Why didn't we think of this? The others are far beyond most people skill, artistry, and equipment level.

Your wife is very creative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Parsons
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
SpaceAlien wrote:
Those Splendor cookies surprised me the most because...it's so obvious. Why didn't we think of this? The others are far beyond most people skill, artistry, and equipment level.

Your wife is very creative.

Thanks on all counts!

Yes, the splendor cookies are pretty simple, but time consuming. You can find basic "gem" style molds at any hobby store for around 2-4 dollars in the hard candy or chocolate mold areas. From there, a little extra gelatin added to each colored jello, double boiled, and you've got sturdy gems!

The cookies are self explanatory - any sugar cookie and any colored icing.

The application is a little tedious, trying to make circles around the cookies can be difficult. We just used Popsicle sticks rather than break out the icing bags to keep it simple. And honestly, even if they don't look perfect, your gaming group is bound to appreciate the novelty of them.

We actually had an Asmodee Germany employee reach out and ask for a recipe and if they could use our picture, so there very well may be an instructional appearing there after the Spiel in October, though it'll be in German if they decide to post it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chanda N
msg tools
I once made a birthday cake in the shape of one of our favorite games - Catan. I wish I still had a picture of it, but it was fun and not too hard to make!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SO AWESOME!!! Love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread was a lot cooler than I thought it would be; I was expecting "I LEIK DOREETOS!" and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DZ Woloshyn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
CowboyHatValor wrote:
djn1981 wrote:

I've only recently gotten more involved with BGG, so unfortunately I'm not entirely sure what a geeklist is, but I'll look into it!

A geeklist, long ago, used to be about a series of games that had something in common, so that we could use one game that we liked as a jumping-off point to find other games that we might also like, as well as fellow geeks with the same tastes.

Today, it's all about recipes. And contests. And Geek Madness. Alongside a large pile of things that make no sense. Ooh! also auctions, obituaries, life stories, funny pictures, ... geeklists are like Facebook. At least I think so -- I've never been on Facebook.

I love the brain cake.
I would eat that with my face.
It might go viral.
-haiku with love from Dizzy-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate U
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those look amazing! I have thought about doing Carcassonne tiles myself... I love yours and now I want to try.

I recently made a chess cake... moulded chocolate pieces and maple fudge squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Daniels
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
wow, all of these desserts are amazing
and looks like you could actually play a game of chess on that cake
might be hard not to eat it though

hopefully wouldn't end up in checkcake ... i mean, checkmate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.