United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Article from the Washington Post.

Some choice quotes:

Quote:
Donald Trump often brags about having experts and senior former officials advising him. Wednesday night in a forum on national security, he said, “We have admirals, we have generals, we have colonels. We have a lot of people that I respect.” It’s true that Trump is getting high-level policy advice on a regular basis from senior experts such as Rudy Giuliani and retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn. But Trump has never acknowledged the policy shop based in Washington that has been doing huge amounts of grunt work for months without recognition or compensation.

Quote:
But in August, shortly after the convention, most of the policy shop’s most active staffers quit. Although they signed non-disclosure agreements, several of them told me on background that the Trump policy effort has been a mess from start to finish.

“It’s a complete disaster,” one disgruntled former adviser told me. “They use and abuse people. The policy office fell apart in August when the promised checks weren’t delivered.”

Quote:
Walid Phares, the Middle East adviser on Trump’s policy team, was getting paid $13,000 a month in addition to being a paid analyst on Fox News.

Quote:
“The national security advisory board was total nonsense. They had absolutely no say in anything,” one of the former advisers said. “Most of them are just names on paper.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
“We have admirals, we have generals, we have colonels. We have a lot of people that I respect.”

Did anyone ever check which country these guy served in?

RblankSSIA

"I'd like to buy a vowel..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
surprise TRUMP would EVEN "dine & dash" at every "eatery" of his'ns too AVOID 'tips'!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny O aka Johnny Soul
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Harvester of eyes, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't he once he say doesn't pay for shoddy or incomplete work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
scribidinus wrote:
Didn't he once he say doesn't pay for shoddy or incomplete work?
THAT was their "plastic surgeon's" understanding, oh, and HE only employed any Mohel of whom JUST: "took tips!" surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
That young girl singing group is suing him for breach of contract:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/politics/usa-freedom-kids-laws...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone, pref a historian, identify one other candidate in our history that has had such a high level of negatives, personality disorders, trail of bad behavior, etc. as the OrangeMan?

It's like a bad dream. Has this Democracy run its course?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump never signed a contract with them. Completely their fault for doing any work without a contract. Assuming they had any experience in the consulting industry, they had to know the situation going into it. This is completely identical to an ad agency which does a bunch of work to produce an advertisement without having a contract but the person/company doesn't like the ad so they don't pay for it.

This isn't Trump being a dick, this is a company that should have known what they were getting into. It is my opinion (I read about this last week) that the company did know exactly what the situation was and they are just trying to blackmail Trump into paying for services that he didn't find useful.

Moral of the story, if you run a business, don't do any work for someone until you have a signed contract with them to perform said work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is Trump being a dick, just that the law (as with Clinton) is behind him.

There is no law that says I cannot say

Dick

100 times in this reply, that does not mean I have to do it.

This is about people believing the Trump bullshit about honesty and integrity. It is clear he is none of those (well no more then he legally has to be).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.