Popular Tags: [View All]
The Fungi From Yuggoth
United States
Northern Chicago burbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fear the Atomic Skull-Bat! (or don't. It's up to you...)
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya gang,
I just thought I'd share something nice on this gloomy (in northern Illinois) evening.

Since my local FLGSs don't carry The Spoils I have to buy online. Recently I made a pretty sizable order of Spoils cards, nothing amazing, just commons and uncommons mostly, from the online retailer Clockman Card Vault. They seemed to be the only place I could find Spoils singles, and since my wife and I only play Arcanists (me) and Warlords (her), buying singles was a better proposition than boosters.

I hadn't bought from them before but they seemed legit. I placed the order, but when it went to PayPal, I noticed that the amount of cards, and the cost, were both lower than I'd expected. It seems several of the cards that I'd ordered from the CCV site didn't get passed on to PayPal in the invoice. I had ordered over 100 cards and the last 24 or so had gotten "cut off" between CCV and PayPal.

I contacted CCV and explained the situation. Dan at CCV responded very quickly. He explained that a server error that their tech folks were working to correct had caused some of the cards to be cut off from my order in processing.

I would have been pleased if he'd just allowed me to reorder those missing cards and provide free shipping despite the fact that the second order, being under $75, would not have qualified for it. Instead, Dan included the cards that were cut off from the order FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE! Further, he threw in a couple of promo cards too!

Not only did Dan at CCV make good on an honest error that could happen anywhere in this age of online buying, he communicated quickly and professionally and went way above to make sure I was satisfied as a customer.

I figured that little bit of sunshine was well worth sharing here on the 'geek.

Happy gaming gang,

M13
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.