Subject: War Party vulnerable to Partisans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Patriot Militia march into Georgia, where there is one Village and one War Party.

During the ensuing Partisan special action, can the Militia remove the Underground War Party?

If not, can I target the Village?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robert,

Check the rules 4.3.2:
Quote:
PROCEDURE: In one space with Underground Militia and Royalist pieces and no Battle (cubes and Forts are removed to Casualties):
• Activate one Underground Militia and remove any one Royalist unit, or
• Activate two Underground Militia, remove one of the two Militia and remove any two Royalist units, or
• If no War Parties there, Activate two Underground Militia and remove one of the two Militia and remove one Village.

Since there is one War Party and no other Royalist units in the space, only the first bullet is possible. Thus, you activate one of the marching underground Militia and remove the lone War Party.

Because the rules mention nothing about the War Party being active or underground, it doesn't matter here.

You would only remove the Village of there were no War Parties in the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
Further...

The definition of "unit" excludes forts and villages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys. I always have to remind myself to accept the rules literally and not read anything into them.

The reason I was confused was that in the COIN-series games I own, I'm used to the idea that if an insurgent is underground, then it is invulnerable. But I'll play it as you advise.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
I have no experience with other COIN games. But, in this one, I think of Partisans and War Parties as being the counter to each other. They can both see through the other's underground status at times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Razler
msg tools
You know, I never noticed this before, but does this also mean that if there is a village with no War Parties but with British cubes, the Militia can ignore the British and remove the village?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
razlerja wrote:
You know, I never noticed this before, but does this also mean that if there is a village with no War Parties but with British cubes, the Militia can ignore the British and remove the village?

Yep! That's the third bullet point. A village without accompanying war parties is a Partisans just waiting to happen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.