7 Posts

Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dagon Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Bouselli
msg tools
mb
If gates are sealed do I still have to add cultists to gate locations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure yes, although I tried to argue if the gate was sealed how do they get through?

I was not successful in convincing my team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
msg tools
mb
Lol. That's how I've been playing too. I just place them at the sealed hate until I hear something different.
But the cultists don't come through the gate. They are simply there trying to summon. So maybe it does make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewerton do Nascimento
Brazil
flag msg tools
Since the cultists are people who travel the world to invoke the old ones, I believe that no matter if the gates are open or closed (unless it's with an Elder Sign).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cultists would be gathering at the closed gate waiting for a sacrifice that might re-open the gate. They don't read the rulebooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Yager
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The official ruling is that yes you still place Cultists on closed gates, so yes Dagon would place Cultists on gates that had been sealed. It takes a lot to deter a fanatic of the Old Ones after all, and a sealed gate just isn't enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isellsunshine wrote:
Pretty sure yes, although I tried to argue if the gate was sealed how do they get through?

I was not successful in convincing my team.

Thematically speaking the Cultists don't come from gates, they are you friends, family & neighbors who have gone NUTS for Ancient Ones to destroy the earth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.