$15.00
$5.00
Erik Henry
United States
Manvel
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
When I saw the headline I figured they must have been using those cheetah blades or something. But no. These were visually impaired athletes, and the top four finishers all posted better times than the 1,500-meter gold medal winner at the Rio Olympics last month. That's amazing!

Now, the final in the 1,500 at the Olympics was a very tactical race. The winner took the lead early and forced a slow pace--everyone was afraid to pass him. But still, it's a pretty impressive feat.

Four Paralympic athletes ran 1,500-meter final faster than anyone at Rio Olympics

* The article headline isn't strictly true. Some of the heats had faster times. Just the final was slower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
/cool They WAS "robbed" of being a 'legit entrant' then although NOT 'contracting ZIKA' made little solace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Running tactically is the opposite of what the Olympics is about, and I demand that the medals be stripped and given to the paralympians immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Running tactically is the opposite of what the Olympics is about, and I demand that the medals be stripped and given to the paralympians immediately.

Yeah, how dare those athletes try to actually win their race! Instead they should just run AS FAST AS POSSIBLE THE WHOLE WAY. Anything else smacks of nerdy elitism.

And don't get me started on those lousy marathoners. What a bunch of slowpokes. Conserving their energy? Hah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Yeah, how dare those athletes try to actually win their race! Instead they should just run AS FAST AS POSSIBLE THE WHOLE WAY. Anything else smacks of nerdy elitism.

And don't get me started on those lousy marathoners. What a bunch of slowpokes. Conserving their energy? Hah!

Love your new screenname, Slater.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
wmshub wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Love your new screenname, Slater.

No, I'm his brother, Billy. He's Boaty. But as you can tell, I'm pretty wound up when it comes to the subject of foot race strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.