Popular Tags: [View All]
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the same circle have:

- 1 Crime Scene Token and 1 Clue Token?
- 1 Crime Scene Token, 1 Clue Token and 1 False Clue Token (to prevent executing an arrest on that circle)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a clue token on a crime scene (or even searching there in the first place) would be pointless wouldn't it? Obviously, Jack has been there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
AsGSnak wrote:

If he's been there on a different night, then yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
Having a clue token on a crime scene (or even searching there in the first place) would be pointless wouldn't it?

No. Not at all.

slydog75 wrote:
Obviously, Jack has been there.

Yes, indeed. But maybe only on a previous Night, since Crime Scene tokens are not removed at the end of the Night. So it wouldn't be pointless to search for clues at a crime scene. After all, "the murderer always returns to the scene of the crime" devil

What about my second question? I ask that because on page 23 of the FFG Rulebook, regarding "False Clues", it reads:
"Jack can place one of these False Clue markers on any numbered circle at the beginning of phase 3".
I assume this means any circle no matter what is already there, but what about circles with normal Clue Tokens already there? I ask this because the False Clue token has 2 purposes: preventing the Detectives from either searching for clues or executing an arrest there. I know searching for clues would be pointless if there was already a Clue Token where Jack places the False Clue Token, but what about executing an arrest? Can't Jack use a False Clue token on a circle with a Clue Token to prevent being arrested there, in case he decided to return to that circle that Night?

Also, are used False Clue tokens discarded at the end of the Night? I know the unused ones get discarded, but I can't find any info on the used ones.

zombiegod wrote:
AsGSnak wrote:

If he's been there on a different night, then yes.

Why only on a different Night? I know it would be pointless to search for clues in that Night's Crime Scene(s) but I don't quite get your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AsGSnak wrote:
Why only on a different Night? I know it would be pointless to search for clues in that Night's Crime Scene(s) but I don't quite get your answer.

Because the red kill tokens remain from previous nights. If, during the current night, he has visited a previous nights kill spot, you still need a clue token to represent this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we may have played this wrong and removed the SOTC tokens every night
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diogo Poupado
Portugal
Ourém
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slydog75 wrote:
I think we may have played this wrong and removed the SOTC tokens every night

Yup you're definitely doing it wrong.

What about my second question? No one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AsGSnak wrote:

"Jack can place one of these False Clue markers on any numbered circle at the beginning of phase 3".
I assume this means any circle no matter what is already there, but what about circles with normal Clue Tokens already there?

Page 14 "False Clues" says "Jack can place one of these false clue tokens on any numbered circle at the beginning of Phase 3".

AsGSnak wrote:
Also, are used False Clue tokens discarded at the end of the Night? I know the unused ones get discarded, but I can't find any info on the used ones.

They're all discarded from the night in question, back to a pool, not from the remainder of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.