Subject: Oil & Ammo Depot depletion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if I understand the rulebook correctly, you immediately lose when you place the last Oil and Ammo Depot on the board. Is that correct? (As opposed to losing when you need to place one on the board but have already placed the last one -- like you would for Raiders, Monstrosoties or just about any other component in this type of game.)

Anyone know why the rule is like this instead of the usual "if you need to place one..." rule? That 12th Oil and Ammo Depot component seems like a waste of money

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Regrettably that's the way the game is written, which is the same way it works in Defenders of the Realm. I have no insight into why it was done this way, perhaps Richard Launius could make a post? My guess is that the twelfth marker makes it easier for players to see how many placements are left before the game is over.

It hasn't happened yet, but perhaps there's a scenario where the 12th Oil Depot doesn't end the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The idea is that you can see them off to the side and know where you stand. Depots are difffernt than raiders (or minions in Realm) and I wanted to track the, differently.

Yes, if we do expansions, I do have a scenario outline where the 12 depot deos not end the game.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.