Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I typically don't write reviews as I like to write session reports, but carpet bowls doesn't lend itself to session reports. It would be about as good as my session report for crokinole…

Carpet bowls is a fast dexterity game for two players. If you have played bocce, then you will be familiar with the mechanics for carpet bowls. Player choose between red and blue and take the four balls of each.

One player then tosses the jack (small white ball) and players take turns rolling the balls across the floor to the jack.

Closest ball scores.

The trick is that the balls are wighted to one side so that you always get a pronounced curve to each roll. Learning to manipulate the roll to favor the curve is the strategy to the winning the game.

The game is actually a lot of fun and plays in just a few minutes. It really doesn't require much skill, but rewards a player's ability to finesse the ball.

This game played best on carpet as a wooden or tile floor doesn't favor the "finesse" part of the game.

I recommend the game. It is fast and family friendly and the durability of the game pieces makes it a game that can be played for years to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.