Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
While I would've put this on the original Thread involving HLCAO: CAG/MTAC, I decided to put it here to increase potential feedback. I'll put a link in the description for those who want to check out the core Variant's premise.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1628329/hornet-leader-comma...

Without further ado, here is the Premise of the Fixed Campaigns - A little bonus feature that I plan to implement after the Core system is complete. It's based on the Campaign flows of simulation titles like Fleet Defender: The F-14 Tomcat Simulator and Jane's Longbow. Your every success and failure will put you into a different mission where either Friendly or Enemy Forces will take the initiative, possess the advantage, attack, retreat, etc. And some of these individual Campaigns in specific regions will be interconnected, forming into king or even monster-sized Campaigns!

But this time, you'll be going up against preset enemy Bandits and Sites during missions... Though there will be a few surprises here and there. While it defeats the purpose of randomness most of the time, you may be in for some tough battles when you've got superior Bandits like the MiG-29 or the PAK FA bearing down on your Aircraft right from the get-go.

If you achieve an Accomplished or Complete Outcome in one mission, USN/USMC and their Allies will either gain the initiative or have nice little advantage against hostile forces.
If you achieve an Inconclusive Outcome, you'll be put into a mission where you and the Enemy will be on even terms on more mundane conditions.
If you got a Failed Outcome, the Enemy will take the initiative or have an advantage over you and your Allies.

There will be several different Outcomes in the Campaigns [Listed from Defeat to Victory]
Decisive Enemy Victory (If the majority of the Missions were Failures)
Enemy Victory (If most of the Missions were Failures)
Marginal Enemy Victory (If few Missions were Failures mixed with mainly Inconclusive Outcomes)
Stalemate (If the Majority of Missions were either Inconclusive or were a mix of Failures and Complete Outcomes)
Marginal Victory (If few Missions were Complete with Inconclusive Outcomes)
Victory (If the Missions were a mix of Complete and Accomplished Outcomes)
Decisive Victory (If the majority of the Missions were fulfilled with Accomplished Outcomes)

I know this thread is not as big as my main thing, but feedback is welcome anytime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.