JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Episode 3 will be coming to Kickstarter in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned. For now, here is a preview of the Kickstarter page.
www. kickstarter .com/projects/thegamecrafter/459903156?token=688eb0a3

BGG removes the token from the end, so I've added spaces to the URL you will need to remove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Diener
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the preview must still be 'hidden' or some such tab:
the link takes me directly to the main KickStarter page.

I'm quite looking forward to this, btw!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
BGG removes the token from the end, so I've added spaces to the URL you will need to remove.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really happy to see this in the pipeline at long last

Hope that decent shipping rates to Australia can be achieved - I know a few companies seem to start very high ($80+...) and manage to end up charging around $20-30 in the end. So from that, I presume there ARE ways available to some people.

Nonetheless, I'm pretty much an insta-backer for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this looks like an almost entirely new game. Interesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fab! We love the first game.

Will there be a way to add episode 2 to my pledge or should I just go and find somewhere to buy it now, before they sell out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonc83 wrote:

Will there be a way to add episode 2 to my pledge or should I just go and find somewhere to buy it now, before they sell out?

There's a pledge tier for episodes 2 & 3 right there on the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Jonc83 wrote:

There's a pledge tier for episodes 2 & 3 right there on the page.

Awesome, thanks!

For some reason the page didn't load properly at work...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:

If you use a URL shortening service like bit.ly or tinyurl.com, that will prevent BGG from messing with Kickstarter preview URLs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have three questions:

1) So, as it's an expansion, there are no foreseen stretch goals, right?
I don't see any mention of them in the campaign page or pledge details.

2) I also assume, as the third pledge is limited, that you won't have an add-on allowing to add a core game and/or the first expansion to your cart, right?

3) Will this all eventually fit in one box?

Maybe I should ask these questions when the campaign begins...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
1) Actually we do have a few stretch goals we're thinking about adding. But yeah, not anything huge.

2) Correct, you can order just the 3 pledges. There will be no add-ons for this campaign.

3) If you buy the 3 game set, all 3 episodes will fit in a single box. They'll ship in 3 separate boxes, but you could choose to discard the two expansion boxes and store everything in one box.

And yeah, if you ask these questions when the campaign begins it will help us build out an FAQ. Unfortunately KS won't allow us to prebuild an FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok thank you very much for these very quick answers!

Just one thing: it's a pity that the core game and exp.1 can't be sent before march 2017 as far as the third tier is concerned but I get that it would be difficult to manage.

To be honest with you, I'm only interested in the core game + Exp.1 (Exp.2 seems terrific but I'm just less into the lock down theme, is all).

So I went on your website to see if I could get those only but it's just crazy:

It will cost me way more than the third pledge of the KS because of the shipping fees to Europe (about 60$ with USPS for shipping only, not counting the 21% of taxes at the Belgian border, it's just insane).
The would make about 69$ for the core game + exp.1 AND 90$ for the shipping, all included.
It's not your fault, that's the way it is.

So, I'm stuck with the third tier (110$ + 10$ for shipping) AND with waiting until march 2017 to get my hands on the core game...
I'm so eager to put my hands on that jewel.

Good luck for your KS (you won't need any)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
I wish we could combine shipping all the time, but alas, that's what the Kickstarter allows us to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any chance to get visual pawns for the new characters in the style of the base game KS? Possibly as an add-on?

Either way, I'm excited and can't wait to sign on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to get to the page at all. Can someone please provide a shortened link?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Sorry Matt, what is listed there is what we are able to offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Here ya go Craig: http://goo.gl/RyNaZ9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:
Here ya go Craig: http://goo.gl/RyNaZ9

Thanks JT.

As a huge fan of TCID, this was always going to be an auto-back for me, but that postage really is a killer. Fingers crossed I can get a few locals to come-in on a group buy.

I know postage is expensive and that you said you've tried, but there are other publishers who have managed to work with local distributors. I can't help feeling that us overseas backers are somehow supplementing the free postage the US backers always seem to get.

I really think you're missing out on lots of potential sales because the postage is simply too much for most overseas backers to wear, which is such a shame because TCID is an absolutely fantastic game that deserves a much wider distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
We actually tried working with someone in Australia. They stopped responding to us unexpectedly. We searched for a replacement, but had no luck. This was a major factor in why it took so long for us to run this campaign. At this point we can wait no longer. Unless you have the direct contact info of someone who can help, there is no option we can offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Guy
United Kingdom
St Albans
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How limited is the third pledge with everything? As in if I don't get there right as it starts they will run out, or just limited to only being available in this campaign but won't have actual limited numbers like an early bird pledge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
There are 100 copies of the 3rd pledge. I encourage you to sign up to be notified when the campaign goes live and pledge early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:
There are 100 copies of the 3rd pledge. I encourage you to sign up to be notified when the campaign goes live and pledge early.

Will you be updating this thread with a time and date for the project going live? Kickstarter should email me when it goes live since I "starred" the project on KS, but due to the limited quantity of the 3rd pledge it would be helpful to be able to plan around an anticipated launch time and date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Smith
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
I don't know for sure, but our current thought is next Wednesday. Not sure what time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rizendefrag wrote:
We actually tried working with someone in Australia. They stopped responding to us unexpectedly. We searched for a replacement, but had no luck. This was a major factor in why it took so long for us to run this campaign. At this point we can wait no longer. Unless you have the direct contact info of someone who can help, there is no option we can offer.

Try "The Games Capital", based in Canberra.
They have distributed for others and are very good to deal with.

Also the $28 shipping for Episode 3 cf. $15 for Episodes 2&3 seems a bit back to front.

1 copy of the expansion shipped to Oz is over $90AUD.
That's just not gonna fly (or sail) for an expansion.

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we are able to get a group buy running, can we mix and match?

i.e can we pledge for the $110 level (Episodes 1, 2 and 3) AND also add extra copies of Episode 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.