Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a mail that my package is being sent, but from aupost. Which is quite surprising since it was ordered from an EU warehouse. And it becomes a problem if I am to pay taxes on it sinces taxes are huge here in Denmark. Anyone else here have experience whith ordering from an EU warehous?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
There is another forum thread that had a reply stating exactly that. It seems that, for this batch of orders only, there was a miscalculation on remaining stock on warehouses, resulting in some items sent from different warehouses.

I really don't know how you can escape this without either paying the taxes or rejecting the package and then issuing a refund request (I think you should have no problem with that), but please note that the gap with AU taxes to EU is a bit BETTER than the gap from US to EU, IIRC you don't have to pay the full VAT on the declared package value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a heads up, I declared my package worth 700 Eur and got taxed 155 Eur. I decided to pay becausemy order had dragon king expansion and I wouldn't reject it for the world of it. Funny thing is, support claimed they had to dispatch from AU because of dragon king, which begs the question why they couldn't dispatch it separately and leave the rest of thr order for Eu warehouse...

Also, they mark the box worth 20 AU dollars, so if you want to take the risk, tell customs that it's only worth that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
My box was also marked as worth $20 aus.

I'm in the uk and was not charged any tax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, naughty naughty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha
Italy
flag msg tools
I made 3 separate orders, of those only one included the Dragon King expansion. When they arrived the one that included DK was shipped from Australia, the others from Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few months ago I ordered from the AU warehouse (I'm in the US) for Manhunter since that was the only place they had it in stock. They requested an additional $15 shipping since it wasn't my closest warehouse, which seemed fine so I paid it. Then they shipped it from the US warehouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering what people were paying for the extra shipping, since the store doesn't say.

$15 is very reasonable. I'm pretty sure I could pay that much extra for a manhunter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
odinsgrandson wrote:
I was wondering what people were paying for the extra shipping, since the store doesn't say.

$15 is very reasonable. I'm pretty sure I could pay that much extra for a manhunter.

I'd imagine it goes up pretty fast from there though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Poots
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
We had a pair of acidental inventory miscounts, which lead to an interesting series of service interruptions.

If you got an UNEXPECTED VAT fee (meaning you order was shipped from a region you didn't place the order with) or were charged for extra shipping and received an item from the warehouse within your region. Please contact us at support and we will make it right.

Certainly not looking to screw anyone over unexpected shipping fees. I'd prefer to stick to writing unforgiving game rules!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Buller
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
Oldschool
mbmbmbmbmb
kingdomdeath wrote:
We had a pair of acidental inventory miscounts, which lead to an interesting series of service interruptions.

If you got an UNEXPECTED VAT fee (meaning you order was shipped from a region you didn't place the order with) or were charged for extra shipping and received an item from the warehouse within your region. Please contact us at support and we will make it right.

Certainly not looking to screw anyone over unexpected shipping fees. I'd prefer to stick to writing unforgiving game rules!

This you dont experience very often, larger corps wouldnt care at all about these things, and they certainly wouldnt take their time writing in person to the customers. I tip my hat to you sir, I just got an even higher opinion of you than I already had on account of the great game you created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
badge
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
kingdomdeath wrote:

Adam, first of all, big fan of what you've done with KD.

But you seriously you need to re-evaluate your support employees and to be precise, I am speaking about the dark_mediator fellow who keeps handling all my support tickets.

He blew me off, when I told him about the VAT charges I will be facing and then faced in the end. Then he kept avoiding my question when I asked if my whole order was coming from Australia.

Because of him, the whole experience felt very unprofessional. I know this whole situation with wrong inventory is an accident, but the way it was handled is laughable. Support told me, the only thing missing from my order was Dragon King (he made it very clear it is a rare and very sought expansion) so, uh, we sent the WHOLE order from Australia instead. Mind boggling... Why couldn't you just send DK by himself then and the rest of the stuff from EU ?

Anyway, I apologize for my public opinion on this private matter I had, but I really felt like this whole transaction went downhill pretty fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Poots
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
No worries,

We are doing the best we are training our support guys to treat each issue more gingerly. I think every now and then, at the end of the day they might get a little fried and the quality of our responses goes down. There are sadly some people that DO like to torture support desks, but the overwhelming majority are rational people that just need some help. Not an excuse, just giving you the human to human answer on that.

I'll bring up exactly what you said here with our support guy and peak at the ticket myself to make sure it goes smoothly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-P Latvala
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I was placing an order from EU warehouse and noticed the shipping costs were pretty high (almost $50). Actually the shipping costs are the same no matter where (EU or US) I would place the order, should it be like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
junnu11 wrote:
I was placing an order from EU warehouse and noticed the shipping costs were pretty high (almost $50). Actually the shipping costs are the same no matter where (EU or US) I would place the order, should it be like that?

I was wondering the same. Anyone who ordered from the shop before, care to share their knowledge with us? (please)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know how it is now, but the EU shipping fee was 15 euro no matter how much your ordered. It was during the first release of expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flat rate shipping during the first release of the expansions was a promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hartnett
msg tools
So. Dunno if this is the right place to put this. But i bought the sunstalker expansion during black Friday. All total it came out to 65 incling shipping. W00t. Then I got an email to add an additional $85 because it was coming from the AU warehouse. I knew that I would probably had to pay maybe alittle more because of VATs or something. But 85? Come on! Asked for clarification and all I got was a one word answer. Very disappointing, asked for a refund. Reply is still forthcoming. Anybody else had to deal with this recently?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered 3 expansions during the black friday sale, made sure they where all in the EU warehouse. The confirmation looks like this:

1x Gorm Expansion - EU Warehouse for $37.50 each
1x Dung Beetle Expansion - EU Warehouse for $30.00 each
1x Sunstalker Expansion - EU Warehouse for $50.00 each

So despite this they may be sent from a different warehouse leaving me with potential VAT/custom charges?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Dieckmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone got their core game from the EU Warehouse back those days it was available?
You got charged any VAT or fees?

I am asking because I consider going for the 750,- Euro KS and that would be harsh paying 19% VAT (Germany) afterwards...

Thanks for your experience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ayki Don Kyanon
Germany
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NilsDie wrote:
Anyone got their core game from the EU Warehouse back those days it was available?
You got charged any VAT or fees?

I am asking because I consider going for the 750,- Euro KS and that would be harsh paying 19% VAT (Germany) afterwards...

Thanks for your experience!

They have a warehouse in Germany from where they are sending the items. So normally you won't have to take that into account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voltemands voltemands
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Service is at times really patchy.

Ordered 5 of the "they await the king" shirts (not all for me!). 125 dollars, then 30 dollars post, then £28 Vat on the Uk end.

Opened the box... just shoved in. Hello creases!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.