Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the Pledge Manager is out and we get to see the prices does anyone else think shipping prices are insane? Seems pretty harsh to me. They know they can jack it up because they know people want the game and have to pay what they say to get it. Kinda using shipping as another profit generator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much are they charging for shipping, out of interest, and does it include customs charges and import duty for international backers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be curious too. The thing is, shipping has increased drastically the past few years, especially International. A lot of KS projects find out the hard way how much it actually costs. There's much more then just the cost the post office charges. The printer charges to move it to the docks, then shipping to various ports around the world, trucking again to warehouses, then shipping to the backers. There's a lot of middle men. I can tell you from personal experience that there's a lot of extra charges involved that people don't realize. KS shipping is going to start going up and up once creators start really paying attention how much the fulfillment houses and printers are charging them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G CATT

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I got charged $21 for shipping to NY. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cameron
United States
Martinez
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During the kickstarter the estimated U.S. shipping for the core game was $20 and the actual shipping charge was $21.50 for my backer survey. Not much of a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Jackson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, after adding on the Groovy gameplay bundle, the woods tile pack and the fruit cellar tile pack, my shipping cost came to $29.50 to NY. Considering the cost of shipping these days, I'm not freaked out about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Briand
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Canada, shipping came up to 33$ USD If I remember correctly, which is around 44$ CAD.

Considering how heavy the box probably will be (there are a lot of miniatures and cards in this game.. like..A LOT.) I don't find shipping to be that much. Plus, since I'm not in the US, it's pretty par for the course to have to pay ridiculous shipping from there.

I just keep my fingers crossed and hope to hell I don't get an extra Duty or brokerage fees once it shows up to my door (it's random depending on which courier service SGP will use and if the package gets inspected at the border.)

So far, I'm in for a little over 250$ CAD for this game.

Got the Deluxe Early Bird a long with all game specific expansion packs/bundles (none of the fluff items like books and posters) as well as the accessory bundle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a minor request, mostly for the future: A thread title of "Shipping costs" would be more helpful. I saw this and thought "Oh, it's shipping already?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.