Blue Moon Legends» Forums » General

Subject: Maybe a dumb question but... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlie Ringer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does this game not have a Board Game Rank?

Seems really odd to me esp as it has plenty of ratings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's because it's not a new game, it's just a collection of all Blue Moon sets and promos together?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
I guess it's because it's not a new game, it's just a collection of all Blue Moon sets and promos together?

That's it, and not even a revised edition, it's exactly the same rules as before.

(well, I rate this collection higher than individual sets separately but that's my problem. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Ringer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of annoying because I want to see where this game ranks in my collection and I can't easily do that. This feel significantly different enough as a product that I feel it deserves a rank. Some games are reimplemented with the same rules and just a different theme but they get two spots right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lacxox wrote:
Teeka wrote:

That's it, and not even a revised edition, it's exactly the same rules as before.

Technically its not. There are new rules - those for drafting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's pretty annoying that it doesn't get it's own rank. We all well know that certain games manage to get rankings for "collector's editions" where nothing changes but the component quality/box size. Legends could easily fall under that kind of umbrella being that, you know, it "collects" the entire game in one box and gives us some nice new components to go with it too. And the addition of a comprehensive rulebook and new rules for drafting makes it a pretty clear case for me.

Dunno.

On an unrelated note, I'm hoping to teach this game to a new player today! Color me excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Ringer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anyway to campaign for this to get a ranking of it's own? Or is that just it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether a game gets a separate ranking has borderline cases, and this is one. Plenty of cases I'd call differently, but in the scheme of things, no big deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charlesworth wrote:
Kind of annoying because I want to see where this game ranks in my collection and I can't easily do that. This feel significantly different enough as a product that I feel it deserves a rank. Some games are reimplemented with the same rules and just a different theme but they get two spots right?

I just added the regular Blue Moon game to my collection instead of Legends. I track plays and rate that one. In the version info you can mark it as a custom version and link to a picture of Legends so that you see the product you own in your collection view but see it tracked/ranked as Blue Moon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.