Arcadia Quest» Forums » Variants

Subject: The Journey Of A New Hero & The Wrath Of a New Foe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Bragg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Morning all, hope you're well!

OK ... Like many Arcadians before me I'm planning to make a wealth of new heroes primarily using the range of miniatures found within Ninja All Star. In conjunction with my posts on the "Arcadia Quest Fanatics" facebook page I'll be drafting and creating a full series of new heroes for the community to use on a non-profit bases. Once "everyone" (I doubt that I'll please everyone haha) is happy with the rules and artwork I'll create a .PDF for you to print and use at your leisure!

So, without further ado I bring to you Onyro!

Feedback always welcome - be nice!

- Awfun

*edited card's text
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Winters
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Interesting ability! This seems unique but also fairly circumstantial and somewhat straightforward to play around if you're her opponent. Any monster hit could use it's payback reaction to enter her space as well. It seems like it would be most useful for "pulling" pve targets through portals rather than going through and getting beat up by a group of them.

I haven't played tested it, but does it really need to be a hero card exhaust ability? anything hit that survives is likely going to hit her back in her own space. It seems unlikely this will be used many times between rests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bragg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the feedback David

With the vast array of heroes available I tried to make something quite fun and a little concerning for leaving your heroes near portals where they could get a blade pierced into them if they're not careful.

It's more to apply the concern of the ability to other players then actually using it, you'll always have a "what if" weight on your shoulders if you don't go and sort her out or at least avoid close spaces to portals.

I think she's also best used as a finisher against a weakened target, she'll always be able to slither near a teleport and twist a dagger into someone's side when they're not expecting, I think this almost distant mele attack justifies the exhaustion of her hero card.

Please test her in game as well, as I'd love to see how she plays for you!

- Awfun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.