Subject: Fighting like in Samurai Swords? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't looked at the rules, but from the short description is sounds like the fighting works like in samurai swords. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
All you need is love :)
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmb
Combat is done in four steps:

1 All siege machines fire (2 die per machine, hits on 3+)
2 All archers fire (1 die per archer, hit on 5+)
3 All cavalry attack (1 die per cavalry, hit on 3+)
4 All units enter melee, classical Risk style (3 dice attacker vs. 2 dice defender)

Hope that helps! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ron's got it right. And just to be clear, casualties are removed after each step, and you repeat the process until all units on one (or both) sides are eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Interesting, are there normal troopers that just fight in meele?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
The foot soldiers only roll attack and defense dice during the melee,(4th) round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adam wilson wrote:
The foot soldiers only roll attack and defense dice during the melee,(4th) round.

As Ron laid it out, everyone counts in the melee round - not just the foot soldiers. But you gave me an idea, Adam. Next time I play I will have only the foot soldiers involved in the melee, rolling at 5+. That should place them one level above cannon-fodder...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu ma
Germany
HD
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds like this is the improved Samurai Swords. Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
msgt pepe wrote:
adam wilson wrote:

As Ron laid it out, everyone counts in the melee round - not just the foot soldiers. But you gave me an idea, Adam. Next time I play I will have only the foot soldiers involved in the melee, rolling at 5+. That should place them one level above cannon-fodder...

I was responding to the question about the foot soldiers, I didn't mean to imply that only the foot soldiers roll during the 4th round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adam wilson wrote:
msgt pepe wrote:
adam wilson wrote:

I was responding to the question about the foot soldiers, I didn't mean to imply that only the foot soldiers roll during the 4th round.

My apologies, I misread your comment. But you still gave me a good idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:
Next time I play I will have only the foot soldiers involved in the melee, rolling at 5+. That should place them one level above cannon-fodder...

Be sure to tell us how the experiment goes, Pepe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Tuscola
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironregime wrote:
msgt pepe wrote:
Next time I play I will have only the foot soldiers involved in the melee, rolling at 5+. That should place them one level above cannon-fodder...

Be sure to tell us how the experiment goes, Pepe.

It may be months before I play again as I'm currently away from home, but certainly will post results. Meantime, I need to ponder the perfect unit mix and quantity in any given force - Alas, I'm not mathematically gifted enough to figure out dice roll averages and such. I'm guessing one siege engine, three Knights, four to five archers, and ten foot soldiers. It sucks being away from my game, but having four or five such groups sounds about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.