Star Wars: Armada» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about various rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M V
msg tools
i have 3 questions about rules:

1)about commands:

I can spend a command, but can i also spend a command token?
Can i use more than 1 different tokens each activation?

2) Engineering:
It says i can recover a shield with 2 points.
Does it means i recover the full shield value for that area or just 1 point?

3) han solo states i can move him during the ship phase
But do i have to move it during another ship activation or it counts as a ship for the activation?

Ty a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You can use a command token and a command dial on the same turn, yes. So you can do a move command to increase speed and yaw by one and then use a command token to accelerate one more speed. Or you can use a concentrate fire order to add a die and use a token to reroll one of them, though my recollection is that you have to use them on the same single shot because you cannot resolve a command more than once per round.

You can also use multiple different types of tokens---so you can use a move token to speed up, a command dial and token to concentrate fire, and an engineering token to fix some shields all on the same turn.

2) No, just one point
3) Han Solo specifically has a very defined rule that tells you when to activate him during the ship phase---he can move during the ship phase as the first unit. So he can always move first in the ship phase before any ships are activated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I little more clarity:
1:Yes, you can spend a dial and token at the same time, and as many other tokens as you want. Note, though, spending the dial and token count as a single resolution of a command, and if you want to spend both they must be spent at the same time, as appropriate. So you may choose to spend a Navigate dial and change your speed by 1 and increase Yaw, and save a token you banked earlier, or you may spend both and change speed by 2 and increase yaw. Or you may exchange the dial for a token, then spend the token (though, you can't have two of the same token, and tokens always provide a lesser effect, so why you would do this is beyond me). For Concentrate Fire, if you want to spend both, they must be done during the same attack.

2:You may restore one point of shield PER 2 points of Engineering. So if you have an Engineering dial and token on a Victory, and you spend it, you gain 6 points of Engineering. You may recover 3 shields. Or remove two damage cards. Or one damage card, gain one shield, and move one shield. Or move 6 shields(...)

3:Han may activate before any ships activate, but does not constitute one of your ship activations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M V
msg tools
thank you guys its all clear now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.