United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I read an article last night about this hacked gmail account. The real dirt is how Powell explained to Clinton what not to do and why. He detailed over 3 years an effort to get them to not throw him under the bus as a false scapegoat. It's a pretty big story.

So what does my Google news feed highlight? 17 headlines about how Powell doesn't like Trump and one blog (The Hill) that headlined the actual story about Clinton's email scandal

So what does RSP think is the bigger story? Revealing and damaging insight into how Clinton knew she was violating the law and how she ignored the advice of a former SoS and then actually blamed her violations on him?

Or the fact that he doesn't like Trump?

Media bias? Where? I don't see any media bias.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
I would need some links to see the specific stories you are referring to.

But yea Hillary is a lying sack of shit. the Clinton's never think they do anything wrong and the media is firmly in their camp.

https://news.google.com/

Better look quick though, Google changes the feed every 15-30 minutes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
I would need some links to see the specific stories you are referring to.

But yea Hillary is a lying sack of shit. the Clinton's never think they do anything wrong and the media is firmly in their camp.

https://news.google.com/

Better look quick though, Google changes the feed every 15-30 minutes

You do realize that Google just shows you whichever news stories they think you are most likely to read. They base that off of what links you have clicked on in the past.

My google news page has the Bayer buying Monsanto story, another story about the Samsung Note 7 recall, a story about the cease fire in Syria, a story about the new record US military aid deal with Israel, a story about 22 people getting arrested while protesting the Dakota Access pipeline, and a story about Uber's self driving car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
As for the Colin Powell thing, his comments on Trump are new information. He has already made statements regarding his comments to Hillary about using email and we already had the email Powell had sent to Hillary advising her to avoid using the government email system (he didn't say anything about classified vs. unclassified information in those emails, by the way, he just advised her to avoid using the government system).

So while your political leanings may cause you to desire the major news outlets to emphasize certain aspects of the information from Colin Powell's hack emails, the news media is going to talk about what is going to get the most clicks and that is the new information, not just more rehashing of the same old information.

If you want to read an angle where Hillary is cast in the most negative light, you are free to go to faux news. Unsurprisingly, there is no mention at all on the fox news articles about Colin Powell shitting all over Trump. The huffington post story, however, does include content that talks about Powell asking not to be linked to Hillary's email scandal. So if you want to talk about biased news outlets, clearly the conservative versions on faux news and related sites are far more biased than the liberal media outlet versions of the same story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Yep. I'm aware of how Google or any news feed might present data. I rarely ever read any Fox News or HuffPo articles or for that matter anything that would skew the presentation towards Powell not liking Trump. I do check Drudge daily and I look at the usual WSJ, NYT, WP and a couple of more conservative sites.

So my history ought to impel Google News to feed me a more anti-Hillary conservative stance. But it doesn't - despite Drudge, the WSJ and even the guns and hunting news sites I frequent. Which was my point - Google and the MSM are pushing the "Colin doesn't like Donnie and thinks he's a poo-poo head" angle.

So what is the news about these emails? Verification of Powell's claims that Clinton went rogue with her server? Or the likes and dislikes of a retired general who drives a Volvo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

In terms of Trump, what is not to dislike?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
49xjohn wrote:

In terms of Trump, what is not to dislike?
wow ~"HE's a 'DENYiRATER!" Since there already were indications of countering SOME of his BS as 'Taco Trucks' were relocating these onto the very midst of 'street parking'. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
I think the biggest story is that Powell got hacked. This is exactly the sort of shit that's keeping him from running for president.

Seriously: who that is sane would want to run for president these days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
shumyum wrote:
I think the biggest story is that Powell got hacked. This is exactly the sort of shit that's keeping him from running for president.

I'd imagine that if you have nothing to hide or just don't care then it's reasonably sane to run. Trump clearly seems to not care one way or the other what people say or do and I find that refreshing. Hillary, who is a malevolent and evil criminal bitch has spent all her public life being able to hide anything she wanted (which was a lot!) but it's not the 80's and 90's any longer and her 80's mentality is like using muskets against an A-10 in battle. She will be found out. All of it. The thing is this though - does it matter to her supporters that she lies and steals and is a rogue security risk and considers herself above the law? I'd say no. Here in RSP it's like the real world for her. She's a female Mussolini, despite her fans knowing for a fact she's a crook, they will vote for her because they are spellbound. Plus, there's the Vagina Factor. They want very, very badly to spend the next 4 years (or until she dies, which could be a lot less) posting on FB how they are better people than anyone else because they voted V and you didn't.

Same shit got Barry Jesus O elected. Black! I voted black! Lookee at me!!! I'm not racist and you are!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
shumyum wrote:

surprise #1Aldie 'inquiry': "Please don't SAY you have AOL?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:

Man i'ts always down to that "OMG WOMAN HAS AMBITION!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.