Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,
one of the Gods in Pantheon offers the same scientifical symbol as the Law token, which used to be a special progress token serving solely for the better chances of Scientific victory.

With Pantheon, I assume the player owning both Ishtar's favor AND the Law token can now collect even the scales as a duo of the same symbols, granting another Progress token...?

Can't wait to play this. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
The original rules say

Quote:
"progress tokens represent effects which you can obtain by collecting identical pairs of scientific symbols."

There doesn't seem to be any limit suggesting that symbols are required to be on cards.

I say a pair is a pair. Grab another progress token
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Catherine Raymond
United States
Malvern
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That may be logical, but depending on circumstances it might be more effective to treat Ishtar + the Law token as two separate symbols and claim a Science victory after obtaining only 4 Science cards with different symbols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But you cannot do that. Scales symbol is just a symbol, like other. It is not a wild or joker.
If you have 2 Scales symbols you still need 5 other different symbols to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
andrewkapish wrote:
The original rules say

Quote:
"progress tokens represent effects which you can obtain by collecting identical pairs of scientific symbols."

There doesn't seem to be any limit suggesting that symbols are required to be on cards.

I say a pair is a pair. Grab another progress token

This is confirmed by FAQ which are part of german rules. So I suppose it is in the rules for other languages too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I've looked it up for english rules, last page:
Quote:
Q: Does the symbol copied by Nisaba and the one granted by Ishtar
allow the player to gain a Progress token?
A: Yes, these scientific symbols are treated like all of the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.