Josh Buel
United States
Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My Fiance and I were playing the 1st scenario and towards the end we came across a room with a yellow impassible border (attic stairs and attic). I did not see any other way into the room at the time, and the only other door was against the wall of another room. Because of this we treated the yellow border as if it were a normal border. (Yellow borders are not allowed to be passed through.) Did we miss something / do something wrong? I didn't see any more explore tokens but perhaps we missed a secret passage or something? (we did solve both the Lock puzzle and picture puzzle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solid yellow lines aren't impassable borders, they simply delineate rooms and are normal borders. It's dashed yellow lines that are impassable borders (and they also delineate rooms, hence why they are yellow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkbgame wrote:
My Fiance and I were playing the 1st scenario and towards the end we came across a room with a yellow impassible border (attic stairs and attic). I did not see any other way into the room at the time, and the only other door was against the wall of another room. Because of this we treated the yellow border as if it were a normal border. (Yellow borders are not allowed to be passed through.) Did we miss something / do something wrong? I didn't see any more explore tokens but perhaps we missed a secret passage or something? (we did solve both the Lock puzzle and picture puzzle).

Yellow solid borders and white solid borders are normal borders and can be passed.

Yellow dashed border and white dashed borders are impassible.

RRG Pg 5
"Border"

and RRG Pg 10
"Impassable Border"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buel
United States
Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, I must have misread that. I did look at both of those before but i guess I had too much madness for me to read correctly! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It caught me off guard a bit too.

Solid white lines separate spaces of a room.

Solid Yellow lines separate different "rooms" on the same tile, such as the attic stairs and the attic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buel
United States
Nyack
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So essentially yellow lines block range and horror checks similar to doors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jkbgame wrote:

No. Yellow lines seperate rooms when there is no door. It's just empty space but they want to make sure you understand where one room ends and another begins. So yellow lines do not block line of sight.

Also, impassible borders (dashed yellow and dashed white lines) do not block line of sight either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan

Oregon
msg tools
mb
jkbgame wrote:

It's intended for "place darkness in the kitchen" which means no darkness goes in the dining room (room names from memory, sorry if it's slightly different)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. To summarise:

The colour of border only determines which room each space is in from a naming standpoint.

The edges of all tiles that do not have walls act like yellow borders.

Dashed borders cannot be crossed (by investigators and most monsters), but you can count spaces through them regardless of colour.

Walls, doors, and gaps for unexplored tiles block range. Walls also block adjacency for almost all effects except ones that specify otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.