Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Hankins
United States
Princeton
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isle of Skye is a few dollars off. Haven't seen this on sale yet with Mayfairs pricing model.

Isle of Skye Board Game https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012HND8S8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_vdv2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome game. In my mind this is the game Castles of Mad King Ludwig should have been

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aldaryn wrote:
Awesome game. In my mind this is the game Castles of Mad King Ludwig should have been

That's interesting. I think of Isle as a much better version of Carcassonne, and hadn't compared it to Castles at all. But of course, the bidding mechanism is similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdiller wrote:
aldaryn wrote:

That's interesting. I think of Isle as a much better version of Carcassonne, and hadn't compared it to Castles at all. But of course, the bidding mechanism is similar.

I picked up Castles of Mad King Ludwig this week...it got the top nod over others because of the solo ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben T

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmb
jmdiller wrote:
aldaryn wrote:

Personally, I see it as a better version of Carcassonne at more than 2 players. For 2 players, I find Carc to be the better game, just because the bidding mechanic has a lot less movement parts with only 2 players.

On-topic, I think ~$30 is pretty much the "normal" sale price for this game now (It was this price on Amazon a couple weeks ago). For anyone on the fence, it's really a fantastic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.