Signorie» Forums » General

Subject: Assignment Tiles: Leave In Same Spot all Game ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone ever tried not shuffling and re-placing the assignment tiles every round? But instead just leaving them in the same spot for the whole game.

Would leaving them in the same spot create some interesting strategies to consider from game to game? Or would it just be a bad idea?

Additionally, what if you used the private message variant in addition to this?

Note: Private Messages is when you use the action on an assignment tile you turn it over for the remainder of the round. This means that each assignment tile can only be used once per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Assignment Tiles: Not Shuffling and Re-placing?
WBuchanan wrote:
Has anyone ever tried not shuffling and re-placing the assignment tiles every round? But instead just leaving them in the same spot for the whole game.

Would leaving them in the same spot create some interesting strategies to consider from game to game? Or would it just be a bad idea?

I considered this, as there is a lot of between-round AP from players as they have to plan their whole turn from scratch. I thought being able to forward plan a little would speed up the decision making.

However, I concluded that certain assignment tiles being permanently assigned to certain colours of dice would make those dice, and by association those helper actions, considerably more lucrative. I don't think the game would be as fun if everyone was fighting for the exact same colour of die every round. Strategies would vary significantly less between players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
velvetvoulge wrote:

I considered this, as there is a lot of between-round AP from players as they have to plan their whole turn from scratch. I thought being able to forward plan a little would speed up the decision making.

However, I concluded that certain assignment tiles being permanently assigned to certain colours of dice would make those dice, and by association those helper actions, considerably more lucrative. I don't think the game would be as fun if everyone was fighting for the exact same colour of die every round. Strategies would vary significantly less between players.

I can see that possibility. You would probably still feel the same if the Private Messages variant was used in conjunction with this idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
I can see that possibility. You would probably still feel the same if the Private Messages variant was used in conjunction with this idea?

Yes, I suppose so - but only on a round-by-round basis, as they'd still be shuffled as they're flipped up.

I think the Private Messages variant is a great variant, though. Assignment tiles feel like a "last ditch" attempt to get what you want done at an extortionate cost, whereas now if they're one-time use they can become a first choice action too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.