Subject: How do I setup? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!

Just stickered this game and thought I'd give it a test solo play. Now, I can't understand how I'm supposed to setup up the scenarios. Say I wanna play barbarossa. How do I go about setting it up? I thought the blocks were supposed to go in certain places but it doesnt seem like it?

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, most of the setups are pretty free, where, for each unit type, you get a number of blocks & a number of steps. So, if the setup says infantry is 10 blocks & 32 steps, get out 10 infantry blocks, and set them to any combination of strength which adds up to 32 steps, and put them wherever you want as long as all frontline hexes are occupied, stacking limits are obeyed, etc.

The Barbarossa optional historical setup is a little different; each unit starts at a specific strength, and sets up in a smaller area (the range of hexes for Army Group North etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's where it is in the rules:
rules wrote:
3.23 STARTLINES
A mini-map included in the scenario
description will direct you to the correct
Startline. Startlines for each Summer
scenario are printed on the mapboard
and labeled by year ("S42"). Note that
some Startline segments are used for two
or more campaigns; the label "S42-43",
for example, means this segment is used
for both summer campaigns.
3.24 DEPLOYING FORCES
The hexes immediately east and west
of the applicable Startline are the Soviet
and Axis Frontline hexes, respectively.
To begin a scenario, players must occupy
each Frontline hex with at least one unit.
Players may deploy additional
forces in any supplied hexes desired,
except that HQs can never be deployed
in the same hex nor in adjacent hexes.
The Barbarossa (S'41) scenario has an
optional historical deployment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias B
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that cleared things up! Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Du råkar inte bo i närheten av Malmö?
Är nämligen också i lära mig reglernastadiet.

Bor du någon annanstans kanske vi kan testa att spela via VASSAL och försöka ihop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a start point I would recommend one of the mid-war scenarios - maybe mid-1942 or 43. This makes a far more balanced game for both sides and easier to learn the mechanics. The early and late war scenarios are very bias in favour of the winning side you end up with a lot more movement and complexity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim RTC wrote:
As a start point I would recommend one of the mid-war scenarios - maybe mid-1942 or 43. This makes a far more balanced game for both sides and easier to learn the mechanics.

Oh, I say start with Barbarossa, especially if you haven't played other games with supply rules. You get to see some exciting breakthroughs & encirclements, and if you play the full 6 months, both sides get to leave the table happy: the Axis because they just spent 5 hours stomping the hell out of the Soviets, and the Soviets because they won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.